586,072 active members*
4,602 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Threaded View

Re: Need help please

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    Thanks for your input....i honestly do not know what the problem with the steel control box is. This only houses the equipment and can be tucked away from sight. The hmi side of things i do agree with you....however i see the computer and the motion control software as the "hmi". Installing a computer inside the cabinet is a good idea, i am just not sure people would like to pay for this....most guys i know are just using their laptops.
    I was more making reference to "innovative ideas" with cosmetic advancements (see DMG's screengrab) more than just copying what others have done already. In fact you are wrong about everyone using laptops; most if not all of the folks I know went with the latest touch-key control solutions now offered for ridiculous prices on several platforms (alibaba, taobao, banggood) (see other kits screengrab). Those works flawlessly well in most cases. Certainly far superior than parallel/usb based controls (Mach3 comes to mind).

If you really want a piece of this market and have your efforts pay off, i.e. if this is really what you want to do/market, then I'd give it my best shot and aim in the middle (between the sexy DMG/Mori and near free control boxes). For one I'd l'd prefer buying a sexy unit over another metal box
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kit_01.jpg   kit_02.jpg