Been a long time since I stopped in here, I have a Hurco Hawk 5D 3 axis mill with dynapath 10 control. I replaced the power supply when I bought the machine and it worked flawlesly for about 14 yrs. I have not used the machine on a regualr basis for almost 5 yrs. it just sets in the back of the shop powered up. Now about a month ago I went to use it and it worked fine or appeared to. However I went back a week later and ran a program and it tripped saying loss of feedback on an axis, The symptoms are if the feed rate is low on the override it will run a complete program fine BUT if I put the feed rate at the normal position and the program ends and AXIS start to rapid it faults. My immediate assumption was a power supply issue. I had the power supply rebuilt as they found noise on it. I reinstalled and found it still appears to have an issue. My question is with no documentation on the machine how do you find parts or help do I call Hurco, Dynapath or servo dynamics. I think the power supply if Iam calling it correctly is bad for the servos ( axis). The issue does not stay with one axis it switches sometimes Z other times X and now Y. leads me to believe still power issue. and no one can tell me what this picture is is this the AXIS power supply, you have large CAP a board and some long black cylinder under teh card.
Attachment 428650