Hey CNCZone,

I finally got an enclosure for my PCNC 1100 this year and was noticing how many TTS tool holders I have and how much space they take up on my work benches. Earlier this year I starting using pegboards in my shop and wanted to apply a similar theme to holding and organizing my TTS holders; on a rack on the enclosure, within sight and easy access. I started looking around to see if there were any good options and for a while I couldn't find anything I liked. I even went down the road of designing my own TTS rack to fit my enclosure but luckily I got really busy and put the build off. Just before I was about to start building I did one last search and luckily found the TTS rack that Santa Cruz Electronics (SCE) makes and sells. It was actually a review from Bob Warfield (CNC cookbook) where I found out about and so far I'm really excited to get this product and try it out.

I managed to speak to the owner at SCE and inquired if the shelves could be laser engraved. The reason is that I felt the only option lacking on the rack that SCE sells is to have numbers on each hole so that you can index your tools properly. It turns out SCE has their own laser and they were able to do this for me. Check out the results! I can't wait to get this rack and try it out! If there is enough interest SCE might start offering this as potentially a feature.

Just thought I would share since I think others might find this to be a really good accessory for their Tormach. I'm really surprised Tormach themselves hasn't started to carry the racks SCE makes.

Making chips in Canada, CT