586,069 active members*
3,398 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Mag-Fadal DATC Problems...Again

Mag-Fadal DATC Problems...Again

I'm starting to think this machine is cursed. This is a Mag-Fadal 4020FX with 15k spindle and 24 tool dual arm tool changer. This machine was purchased used and arrived in horrible condition. We have overhauled roughly 40% of the machine to get it into rough working order. We are still experiencing a number of problems with the DATC, from ripping tools out of the spindle, to multiple alarms and even blowing relays in the control cabinet.

This morning (and a number of times in the past) it will go to do a tool change and pause. There is no alarm displayed on the main screen, but if you go into the messages screen it says "Magazine contactor stuck". This occurs before it has made the tool change, but according to the controller it HAS made the change. This means the tool in the spindle is not what the controller thinks it is, and every tool in the magazine is now one tool off from where it should be. I'm not sure where to look for the contactor that it thinks is stuck, but we have cleaned and lubed the entire tool changer magazine and arm with no change in behavior. This occurs once every week or two on average.

Anyone know where to start looking, and anyone know how to reset the magazine positions without going into the the "TL MAG" page and reassigning each tool?

i know this post is pretty damn old, but did you ever figure it out? im having a similar issue with my 99 fadal vmc 3020 with a datc and calmotion 527f controller.