586,113 active members*
3,163 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123
    IT'S ALIVE.

well at least it moves on both axes nice .

Thanks for all the help CNCzone.

the only thing i'm not pleased with is the iGUS rail, i don't think igus rails are made for cnc machines , maybe for furniture or doors or anything else.
    Anyway the replacement isel rail is on its way .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 04022008(001).jpg   04022008(003).jpg   04022008(002).jpg   04022008(004).jpg  

from my last post a lot happened with the table and i've learned many things about cnc .

first.. i said earlyer it moves nice on both axes.. well i overestimated nice a litle. it moved ok at high jog speeds and not at all at (estimated) cut speeds.

so after 2-3 days of tuning the motors and the mechanics i can say it moves acceptable on the long axis Y.

I realised 1:1 gearing is not good ,my motors have enough power to move but at cuting speeds they jerk a lot so i put some rubber between the motor and the flange ,got rid of maybe 50% of jerking, i got new gears too but not installed yet.

it seems my machine will not be operational till the new rails arive.

If anybody bothers to answer me how much they charge for plasma cuting i would apreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by bekx View Post
    IT'S ALIVE.

well at least it moves on both axes nice .

Thanks for all the help CNCzone.

the only thing i'm not pleased with is the iGUS rail, i don't think igus rails are made for cnc machines , maybe for furniture or doors or anything else.
    Anyway the replacement isel rail is on its way .
    what size of rack and pinion do u have for x, y where did u get it from
    did you drill out the mounting holes? I m looking for 3/4 x 3/4 20to30 pitch
    but cant find that size in that with and hight that a resonable price.

anyone that know of someone pm me.

the rack is about 3/4'' but don't know what pitch or pressure angle , its "modul 2" (euro size) and i imported it from Italy,

the mounting holes i drilled myself, it's not hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by eloid View Post
    what size of rack and pinion do u have for x, y where did u get it from
    did you drill out the mounting holes? I m looking for 3/4 x 3/4 20to30 pitch
    but cant find that size in that with and hight that a resonable price.

anyone that know of someone pm me.

http://www.stdsteel.com/gr_stock.htm Give them a call but looks like 1/2" X 1/2" is the largest they list online in a 20 pitch 20 deg. gear rack. I used 3/8" X 3/8" & didn't have any trouble drilling the rack for clearance & tapping my frame rail 5-40 I'm sure you could get by using 6-32 socket head cap screws if the 5-40 is small enough to scare you off. If you get spiral point taps they will run the chips out ahead of the tap & keep from binding in the threads. In fact I drilled then tapped using power on my mill. Made for quick work.
    If it works.....Don't fix it!

standar steel 75" for $24, 1/2" x1/2" as millman says. Think is the cheaper..

Has anyone tried this, zerobacklash rack and pinion by perload 2 pinions?

For rack & pinion applications requiring precise positioning and repeatability, the system backlash can be eliminated by using two pinions - one to drive the axis and one to "preload" the axis to remove the backlash.

The simplest zero-backlash rack & pinion drive utilizes a split-pinion. A split-pinion consists of two pinion halves and an axial spring pack. The pinions halves mesh with opposite tooth flanks on the same rack, eliminating the backlash. The axial spring pack is used to preload the rack & pinions to insure that no backlash develops during the operating cycle.

check out http://www.atlantadrives.com/zerobacklash.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails splitpinion.jpg  

i think that a litll overkill for plasma and from what i found till now about machine components , any part that says ZERO backlash on the label costs more then my entire machine.

Eloid,

I agree with bekx I am using the simple straight cut R & P with spring loaded drives. at this point I can tell that I have any backlash. The simpler you can keep things the less maintenance there will be down the road.
    If it works.....Don't fix it!

just a idea?

im not suggesting to buy anything, just reusing the concept into "my diy cnc
    router/ plasma design" ( with a diy backlash adjustment). If it works for you and it simple great....But I know with time you will see wear on your rack, mostly cuz its mild steel, therfore i can see a nice way to counter it as needed. And the maintance will then follow.

@ eloid . hey i didn't say it's not a nice thing to have on a router/plasma maybe i'll use something like that on my future comercial units

The cable cariers arived today... got a serious security sistems guarding it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bill&igus.JPG  

guys, a litl help plz.

I got a Lincoln electric plasma cutter, only 65 amp , its the euro make and has euro conectors, dont know if u are familiar with this but i'll give it a try.

i opened the torch to see what wires to hack.. big surprise.. the wires from the buton change collor sowhere in the cable so i don't know wich 2 are the comanding wires.

i take the multimeter and measure with the button pushed.. and it's not only 2 wires contected.. 3 of them got conected when buton is pushed .. and 2 seem to be conected all the time , it PIN 1,2 and 9 on the conector. 2 and 9 seem to be the conected all the time and the triger conect PIN 1 with them .

I got a relay on my board but don't know how to wire those 3.... hack them all and conect 2-9 and 1 to the board or only one is enough (2 or 9)

i really don't want to burn my plasma or cnc controler before the machine is finished

tx

igus

Hi,

What code of T slides sytem did you bought from Igus? Could you tell me, please, what was the price of T linear system?

Thank you.

Zoltan

the width its 31,5mm , it cost about 230 euros for 2,3meters and 2 shutles.

i can sell u the rail and shutles for 100 just come and pick it up, i'm installing the isel now

.. any info about the lincoln plasma pins? the manuals are useless.

Hi,

Thank you. Could you, please, tell me the order code for ordering to igus? I could not found in their catalog this T with rollers as is your only with balls. I would come to pick up it but I am in Europe.

Thank you again.

Zoltan

ups....I did not realize that you are from Romania...I was thinking you are from US...did not looked to your country..In which town are you?

Zoltan

Quote Originally Posted by zoltan View Post
    Hi,

Thank you. Could you, please, tell me the order code for ordering to igus? I could not found in their catalog this T with rollers as is your only with balls. I would come to pick up it but I am in Europe.

Thank you again.

Zoltan

dont think we'r talking about the same rail, igus is the one with delrin shutles not with rollers, the rails u see on my long axis is isel .
    i'm from bucharest btw.

what are u building?

so it's a secret .. nvm

evrything is good now .. drawing perfect circles... with a pen yet.

hooked up the plasma at the controller but mach don't want to switch it on/off.

3 hours of various setings and measurements and still nothing, the hardware works, i can switch it with a lpt control program but couldn't find the right seting in mach yet.

Hi,

I missed your question. I am from Arad and live in Timisoara most of the time. I have built few routers - CNC. You can see them on CNCzone under my ID posts. Now I am trying to build a laser. I would like to build a real CNC router but for now I postponed. If you want to discuss about, in Romanian, send me a pm. Thank you.

Zoltan

I made the first cut yesterday.. half of circle and almost finished rectangle

the onlY sheet around was a 0.6mm stainless 304 . it warped like hell

i use a lincoln electric pc65 plasma, using it manualy was a pain and with less then worst results...

do u think 65 amps is enough to pierce 12mm plate? (1/2 inch), give me a hint , should i buy a more powerfull thermadyne or hypertherm?

Page 2 of 3 123