587,006 active members*
3,156 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Visual mill

Smile Visual mill

I could use a little help or advice. I am currently using Rhino to draw my part and Visual mill for my cam prgm. When I load it into Mach3 and run the prgm in the toolpath the screen show a very jerkey and slow cutter path. Also the dro shows the same jerkey motion (one axis moves then stop and the other catches up) . I am running the demo version and have not hooked anything up to my machine yet. and yes I am verrrrry impressed with mach3 so far. I believe that it is probly something in the postprosser from Mecsoft but I am not sure. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated:

I use the same process as you and I get G-code that works every time. Are you using the Mach2 post in Visual Mill? Did you run a driver test to see if your computer runs Mach nicely? Do you have a on board video card?
    Dennis

Is rhino free? If so, where can I download it. I saw a download at the mecsoft site but that was a plugin not the actual program itself.

Rhino is not free.
    Dennis

I found the problem. seems that I am not to smart at times. When you set up the postproceser in visual mill you have a choice in running abs, or inc,. When you set up mach3 ya better set it up the same way or you can have problems. It might run like mine did but you can get some real strange cutter movement. (whatadummy) . As far as Rhino goes you can go to there website and get a demo. And if you like it and have someone going to collage or teaching you can get it for $195. Personaly I think it is a great cad prgm,

Quote Originally Posted by DennisCNC View Post
    I use the same process as you and I get G-code that works every time. Are you using the Mach2 post in Visual Mill?
    Is that how it is supposed to be set up? w/Mach2 post? (I am running Mach3 here also)

^^ Not sure if it is the right way, but I get good code every time for Mach3.
    Dennis