586,969 active members*
3,024 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Toolchanger aligned! Sometimes.

Hybrid View

Re: Toolchanger aligned! Sometimes.

Try staggering first. You're kind of stuck with slow tool change speeds with this kind of tool changer regardless. It's not an issue for my long cycle time molds so doesn't bother me. (Not much benefit saving 10 seconds on a 30 hour toolpath). I have used FADALS that are 30 years old and still kicking. I had problems with my platter when I needed a huge face mill so I had to put it on the opposite side of several smaller tools and got rid of my Z height misalignments. Keep us posted how it goes.

Re: Toolchanger aligned! Sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by warrenb View Post
    Try staggering first. You're kind of stuck with slow tool change speeds with this kind of tool changer regardless. It's not an issue for my long cycle time molds so doesn't bother me. (Not much benefit saving 10 seconds on a 30 hour toolpath). I have used FADALS that are 30 years old and still kicking. I had problems with my platter when I needed a huge face mill so I had to put it on the opposite side of several smaller tools and got rid of my Z height misalignments. Keep us posted how it goes.
    I agree! They are built Sherman tanks. Slow and clunky, but steady as a rock. Very workable for me.

And yes...stuck with slow tool changing, but for me in what I do with it? Saving 10 seconds going from T1 to T2 instead of T1 to T11, well, that adds up during the course of all the ops to complete the part. Hence why I changed up my workflow a bit with the entire op in tool number sequence. What I've learned over the many years of using Fadals, is that you have to make do with what ya got...and this is what I got.

Thanks again Warren! I will play with it and post results.