Well......Picked up a Lagunmatic 310 knee mill and figured Id give CNC milling a try. Ive gotten pretty far with the help of others. Probably should have started a build thread here, but Ill just start with saying Im a newbie with 0 experience in anything related to anything about to CNC machining. lol.
Pulled most everything out of the control box and installed a Kflop/Kanalog. I have just one axis servo driver plugged in at the moment. I thought just getting the motor to talk to the computer and the computer to talk to the motor was going to be difficult but Ive ran into another wall that makes my head hurt with servo tuning. Still a lot to do but the current hurdle is servo tuning. Dont really understand much here, but playing and poking around kmotion for the24hrs. I feel like Ive made a little progress. When I first turned the power on the servo motor was just doing its own thing. Ive got it making one rotation and back to 0 with the step response screen. Pretty exiting, goes back to 0 everytime . Im probably far from it being ok, but maybe someone could tell me a little more about what Im doing here and what I should be doing.
This servo motor has a 2000 count encoder.

Probably a different problem for later,but the belt drive is 1:1 and 1 revolution moves the table .200. No idea where to input table travel in relation to servo revolutions

Heres a screen shot of how far Ive gotten.
Thanks in advance