586,104 active members*
3,398 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > About 20 Months Later - Would I Buy Another One? - PCNC1100
Page 3 of 3 123

Re: About 20 Months Later - Would I Buy Another One? - PCNC1100

Interesting comments in this thread. I can fully acknowledge the Tormach is not a professional grade machine in terms of fit and finish. It really irks me in fact. BUT...
    -I can easily hold .001" tolerances. As long as the machine is tuned up and you are machining with good practices, it's dead nuts every time.
    -My ATC has worked flawlessly since day one with never a single issue. It has probably done several thousand tool changes by now.

Chip/coolant handling is a big complaint of mine. Climbing under the left side to deal with that stupid tank is the worst. And the coolant doesn't drain out, it pools on the uneven base. And the chips can't be fully cleaned out since they get stuck underneath.

I put in 1" spacers to make it easier to clean underneath. I also moved the coolant tank outside and put it on wheels.
    the computer also lives outside on a shelf for better access, even though the shelf was spring loaded, I didn't care to have it exposed to vibrations from machining. The manual oiler was under the chip pan and made it difficult to refill, so I remounted it on a stalk.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by toyshop View Post
    I put in 1" spacers to make it easier to clean underneath. I also moved the coolant tank outside and put it on wheels.
    the computer also lives outside on a shelf for better access, even though the shelf was spring loaded, I didn't care to have it exposed to vibrations from machining. The manual oiler was under the chip pan and made it difficult to refill, so I remounted it on a stalk.

Dave
    Pics?

Hello!

I want to ask for help. Can anyone tell me the exact dimensions of the Tormach 1100 mx and the stand?
    I am thinking here of the Z-pillar and the plinth nowhere can I find a rola document or some technical drawing.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyotae View Post
    Hello!

I want to ask for help. Can anyone tell me the exact dimensions of the Tormach 1100 mx and the stand?
    I am thinking here of the Z-pillar and the plinth nowhere can I find a rola document or some technical drawing.

Thank you in advance for your help.
    There's a complete kinematic model in Fusion 360. You don't say exactly why or what you want, but there should be plenty to work with.

I like to think I convinced Tormach to do the better stand and coolant handling on the M and MX since it was the top of my 'wish list' that I gave them, but I suspect a lot of other people did too..

Page 3 of 3 123