Greetings to all,

First off all, I must to emphasize that I am new in the CNC world so, please, don’t blame me if my questions are foolishly.

So, I have one old printer (Canon BJC-2100) with non-functional printing head which I would like to utilize for experimenting and learning.
Now, I would like to find a software which will allow me to move printing head platform (left - right) and paper (forward - backward) at request with possibility of manual coordinate setting and setting of scrolling speed (if it is possible), even a simple programming code written in C or C++ language (referring to Borland’s C) would be helpfully, visual basic code is also acceptable. I know that when building simple CNC machines, mechanics from printers, scanners etc. can be reused but the most people is building new electronic, however, the printer already has the electronics which is controlling printing head platform and paper movement, why not then use it for experimenting, in my opinion, all I need is proper code or software.
So, I would kindly request a help to find such code or software, if this experiment works out it will be great for mi motivation.
The printer is currently connected to computer (windowsXP+SP2) thru LPT (USB also available).
Ideal situation would be a code which would allow me to move printing head platform by XY coordinates with speed control.

Appreciate any kind of help.
Karol