586,096 active members*
3,609 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Manufacturing Processes > Milling > having issues with my knee mill with prototrake edge

having issues with my knee mill with prototrake edge

my knee mill with a prototrak edge in going to post like a normal computer would but it stops there it was working fine yesterday on the 17th of december but it comes up with an error and tells me to remove the floppy dick and reinsert it and press any key to continue but i press the keys on the system and nothing happens, can anyone help with my issues i can't get any of my mill work done without it and my orders are starting to fall behind.

Thanks

Cameron Chafin

Re: having issues with my knee mill with prototrake edge

This was a pretty common error back in the Jurassic computer days, floppy disks failed or the drive was dirty or failed. Back in the day, floppy cleaning disks were available. Looks like you can still get them, I would try it. https://www.amazon.com/Cables-Unlimi.../dp/B0028B7138
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Re: having issues with my knee mill with prototrake edge

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    This was a pretty common error back in the Jurassic computer days, floppy disks failed or the drive was dirty or failed. Back in the day, floppy cleaning disks were available. Looks like you can still get them, I would try it. https://www.amazon.com/Cables-Unlimi.../dp/B0028B7138
    Thank you for helping i ordered the cleaner and ill try and see if it works after i clean the floppy drive with it and let you know if it worked or not and i agree floppy drives was a great idea back in the day but why not just go with a simple solution and use a ssd or something even more up to date on the prototrak edge