Hi, i'm considering joining the club of Chinese 6040 CNC owners.

After looking around a bit, this one seems decent: https://www.china-cncrouter.com/prod...-Mach3-US.html
And before i buy, i'm wondering what the community here thinks of the machine. I've seen some posts about ChinaCNCZone on this forum, but not that much. I see there is a big thread about OmioCNC here, with a lot of mixed reviews about their machines.

For that machine, i'd go for the 4 axis model, with the linear rail upgrade(+230$ for replacing the rods with linear rails i think). Would end up a bit above 3000$ (including shipping & taxes)

My main goal for this machine would be basically learning about CNC (spent the past year with my 3d printer, which i'm having a lot of fun with ). I want the machine to be capable of handling aluminum, but don't have high expectations or needs regarding that. I've got quite some experience in electronics etc... so i'm confident i can handle a Chinese machine (just like i tamed my CR10 3d printer in a couple of months). And i realise i'll probably spend quite some more money on the beast after purchase for improvements, tools, ...

Following what i read on this forum
+ this would be buying directly from the manufacturer (their site(s) have plenty of factory pictures etc..)
+ this model seems to be a nice upgrade from the cheaper 6040's (at least, that's what they say )
+ shipping & tax are handled by them
+ they mention an XHC mainboard as control unit, which when googling seems like a decent thing. (even though i expect to have to upgrade some/all electronics of the machine at some point )

- I compared the stepper motors to those on the popular OmioCNC devices here, and they seem quite a bit weaker. But i find it hard to estimate the impact of this. -> Edit: i'm pretty sure it's a typo in their specs, sent a question about it to their contact person. I can't imagine this machine only having 55N.cm steppers, and their cheaper models having 155N.cm steppers.
- I don't find much posts about ChinaCNCZone here (or in general). Popularity isn't everything, but this could be a bad sign. However some people posted about buying their machines here, and didn't come back to complain, so that's nice .

What do you guys think of this machine?

Kr
Sven