586,096 active members*
3,078 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New to laser questions about buying one.

I'm new to lasers and I'm looking at 2 different companies.

Automation technologies Inc. and G-WEIKE.

G-WEIKE seems like they use high quality components & my contact has been very helpful. But I'm concerned about no US warranty.

The Autiomation Technologies Inc is in the USA which is a huge plus but the guy that replied back to my email is saying all I need is a CW3000 Chiller but i was thinking I should get a CW5200. I'm waiting on a complete components list. He said his machine is better but hasnt given me a components list yet.

Any help is greatly appreciated
    Gary

Re: New to laser questions about buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-Wiant View Post
    I'm new to lasers and I'm looking at 2 different companies.

Automation technologies Inc. and G-WEIKE.

G-WEIKE seems like they use high quality components & my contact has been very helpful. But I'm concerned about no US warranty.

The Autiomation Technologies Inc is in the USA which is a huge plus but the guy that replied back to my email is saying all I need is a CW3000 Chiller but i was thinking I should get a CW5200. I'm waiting on a complete components list. He said his machine is better but hasnt given me a components list yet.

Any help is greatly appreciated
    Gary
    I have been at Automation technologies Inc., - mostly empty warehouse - very remote location. I assume from your question that you will be looking at CO2. I really doubt that Automation technologies Inc., will give you any support if you will be having repair problem or technical one, they are only re-sellers I guarantee that they have no repair and support and knowledgeable stuff. When I visited Automation technologies Inc like 4 months ago - i was physically inside - 4 people, - 1 boss, 1 lady -paper work , 1 walking around guy, and 1 knowing nothing about laser asking the 1st walking around guy where to find another box. If you are looking for co2 get something like that which was 35 000 - 40 000 and is in pristine condition, plus you don't need any water cooling,
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/323939952070
    working
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Ij4362gUc&t=487s
    or
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/274075000501

I can give you more info if you want to, where to email you. Kind Regards.

I dont want to spend that much

I dont want to spend that much

how much do you want to spend? From what I know if you are looking into G-WEIKE 40w cheapest is 1400.00 plus shipping from china plus 30% duty and taxes and fees that will be into 3000.00 for sure and once a year tube and knowledge how to do the maintenance by yourself or it will cost you if you will have to get service. Lasers from Germany or Japan don't break, co2 is not in tubes, which needs to be changed and paid for often, it is in metal case and what lasts for 100 000 hours of engraving - the same goes for lasers stability during lasering +/- 5% instead of +/- 25% which is why metal case is used for low frequency CO2 storage with air cooling instead of glass tubes/ inadequate water-cooling etc https://www.gccworld.com/news.php?act=view&no=199
    anything below 10G from Japan like keyence or Germany like Rofin, or US synrad is 100 times better like China made new one. Kind Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by keyencelaser View Post
    I have been at Automation technologies Inc., - mostly empty warehouse - very remote location. I assume from your question that you will be looking at CO2. I really doubt that Automation technologies Inc., will give you any support if you will be having repair problem or technical one, they are only re-sellers I guarantee that they have no repair and support and knowledgeable stuff. When I visited Automation technologies Inc like 4 months ago - i was physically inside - 4 people, - 1 boss, 1 lady -paper work , 1 walking around guy, and 1 knowing nothing about laser asking the 1st walking around guy where to find another box. If you are looking for co2 get something like that which was 35 000 - 40 000 and is in pristine condition, plus you don't need any water cooling,
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/323939952070
    working
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Ij4362gUc&t=487s
    or
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/274075000501

I can give you more info if you want to, where to email you. Kind Regards.
    I bought my first laser from Automation and they do have a warehouse that had a good selection of lasers. I had a controller go out and John sent me a new one the same day I called I was only down 1 day. They helped me set it up and before I bought it they ran a file that I needed it for. Keyencelaser is a seller so he will try to steer you to his product. I would get the CW5000 or CW 5200 chiller. I did buy my bigger laser from Goldraydigital on E bay for about the same price as m LG500 It came with a rotary chiller and is a 1000x 6000 130 watt. I ordered it on a Thursday and had it the next Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    I bought my first laser from Automation and they do have a warehouse that had a good selection of lasers. I had a controller go out and John sent me a new one the same day I called I was only down 1 day. They helped me set it up and before I bought it they ran a file that I needed it for. Keyencelaser is a seller so he will try to steer you to his product. I would get the CW5000 or CW 5200 chiller. I did buy my bigger laser from Goldraydigital on E bay for about the same price as m LG500 It came with a rotary chiller and is a 1000x 6000 130 watt. I ordered it on a Thursday and had it the next Tuesday
    And what kind of a laser did you buy from Automation? How much did you pay?
    If you decide to sell your laser and that will make you a seller, in what bad light other supposed to see you, I quote you "is a seller so he will try to steer you to his product. " so if you decide to sell your laser you acquired from Automation will you sell it below 50% what you paid for or even more, and how bad or terrible it will make you if this is the logic of your thinking. I provided 2 links to two separate co2 lasers from 2 different sellers. What are you taking about that I am seller with this conspiracy theories. Grow up look at the equipment argue the quality of the machine and not a person you know nothing about. Thank you.

or buy
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/162646466883
    even with synrad is above 10G even from china plus duty and taxes and other fees, and I am not even getting into sealed mirrors for ingress protection and how important it is in working with organic materials etc....
    if you will address the machine that would be a good argument.

I'm looking to spend about 5k for a 60 - 90 watt laser. I'm not spending 10k on a machine I'm not sure I'll even use much.

I'm looking to spend about 5k for a 60 - 90 watt laser. I'm not spending 10k on a machine I'm not sure I'll even use much.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/153734136465
    for 2200.00 will meet your needs

because you will not need trotec - 10 times more expensive
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/333215073977

and I suspect you are not interested in explanation why there is a price difference.

Kind Regards.

I know the reason there is a price difference. If it was my main business I'd have a trotec but to use it to laser my name on the back of my cnc jobs & cut recipes in my cutting boards I think a cheaper laser will work fine.

Ok o. Narrowing down my selection. I'm down to either a 90 watt 2'x3' work area with a 3000 chiller (they dont have any 5000 or 5200 in stock) Automation Technologies with actual people in Chicago (I don't think they know much about technical stuff) for about $5500 delivered to my door. Or a 60watt 15"x24"work area with a 5200 chiller, Rabbit Laser that is from Ohio shipped to my door for about $7000 they deliver, set up & train me. I really like the people from Rabbit, I live in western PA so they are pretty close.

My concern is, I'm new to Lasers & I really will probably only use it to laser my logo onto the back of my CNC projects, carve recipes into my cutting boards cut out some acrylic for edge lit led signs & make fun stuff for me. So will a 60 watt be enough power?

Will I regret not having a 2'x3x work area even though the Rabbit has a pass through door?

Thank you
    Gary

Like I said I did buy from Automation and they were good I went to Rabbit and talked to them but their lasers were just to high price about double what I paid for my 1000 x 6000 laser and it came with extras. After I had the one from Auomation for 4 years I needed a bigger bed so I went the Ebay route and found the seller Goldraydigital that had the size and price I needed. They were very good at responding and did send out a new fan for my chiller after one went out about 3 weeks after I got my laser. I would buy from them again. As for the Automation laser it is an LG500 G Weike