I'm trying to do a test run [first time] on the spindle on my mill and keep getting an error code.

The VFD is a Hitachi SJ200 -022nfu

The spindle is a SC-73 Ekstrom rated at 2.8hp.

I've got the VFD connected to 240vac single phase.

I have a rated reactor which I've connected to the motor outputs and there after to the motor.

I'm following through the book to just get the motor running initially. I set the max and base Hz [120/300Hz]for the motor as well as the rated voltage [220vac] and amperage [8.8A] and set it up for keypad/pot control.

When I start the motor it rolls up to about 7.8Hz [with the reactor connected] or 7.1Hz [without the reactor connected] and faults at 11-11.8 amp. And over 300volts. There is a very high pitch squeal from the VFD for about 1/2 sec when I first turn the pot to start the motor [after hitting the run button] the motor starts out spinning and makes maybe a couple rev's [just gets started turning and it faults and slows back to a stop]

The error I get is a E 02. Now E 02 is a DECELERATION error.. while I'm trying to accelerate the motor.. can anyone make sense of this? I bought this VFD, the spindle and the reactor second hand but "as new". Does it sound like there is an issue w/ the VFD?

I get this error w/ or w/out the reactor connected. The spindle is very free to turn.. [nothing connected] and with a simple twist of the spindle I can spin it very easily.. there is no resistance to turning that I can feel..

I'm no expert [or even really experianced] with VFD's so any help that can be offered would be GREATLY appreciated..

Thnks..