586,094 active members*
3,859 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > alarm kitamura mycenter zero HELP PLEASE

Unhappy alarm kitamura mycenter zero HELP PLEASE

hello all, i'm new to the fourm. i have a kitamura mycenter zero and i am getting a servo y axis alarm. the alarm on the servo says -bb? it's a yasnac control and i am running a rotary phase converter. i think it could be a voltage problem. i measured the voltage and the company where i work and it is at 208V steady. my voltage is 255V please help if anyone can tell me what's going on.

What is the nc alarm saying not the servo alarm?

I do believe you should get the 255V down to 208 before you worry about any alarm and very possible by lower down the voltage and no more alarm.

Ahn Vuong

sorry, didn’t pay attention the date

Yaskawa BB

Arty,
    Yes, that incoming line voltage is a little high for Japanese equipment (which mostly is designed for 200VAC). However, the Yaskawas I've worked on recently show "bb" when the drives are up,enabled, and error free. Could you have some other problem? Yaskawa has pretty good on line resources. Have you downloaded the book on your drives yet?

Warren
    www.uptimecorp.com

I agree, typically on Yaskawa Drives "bb" means "base block" which means the drive is functioning correctly to make the transition to the "run" state. "run" is the normal condition for the axis drive when running. If an error occurs while the drive is running, the "run" will change to an alpha numeric designation (example "AE6"), you would then have to look the error up to begin troubleshooting.
    Hope this helps!
    Mark T.
    www.cnccustomservices.com

That voltage is WAY HIGH!! You have to drop it. If not, you will see that you will increasingly have more and more electrical issues.

Also, what kind of converter are you running on? Be aware that if it is not "balanced for CNC use" you are taking your chances.

Alarm bb?

What is the Y axis alarm you are getting? What is the s/n of the machine? What is the year? What control...the i80?