586,094 active members*
4,116 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 449 of 460 349399439447448449450451459
Results 8,961 to 8,980 of 9197
    ... Oh, you guys will love this gem...

Guess which proxy was NOT used to calculate the southern hemisphere temperature reconstruction???

The IPCC Southern Hemisphere Reconstructions « Climate Audit

(I hope you've been following the who's who and what's what enough to be able to fully appreciate the significance of this)

» Climate change forecasters disappointed in lack of hurricanes » News -- GOPUSA

Climate change forecasters disappointed in lack of hurricanes
    By USA Today October 28, 2013 12:17 pm

The predictions that were made back in the spring were quite ominous, calling for an above-average number of hurricanes: Colorado State University predicted nine, while the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) said seven to 11.

Quote Originally Posted by dufas View Post

Climate change forecasters disappointed in lack of hurricanes
    By USA Today October 28, 2013 12:17 pm
    Yeah, they're really bummed that a lot of people didn't lose their homes or die trying to save them. They're disappointed that puppies weren't killed so that small children could become more easily terrified by forecasts of gloom and doom.

They also have no ability to predict. All their climate models predicted more hurricanes as a consequence of evil humans living their sinful 1st world lives causing CO2 to rise. NOAA on their website in June 23, 2013 said the following:

"For the six-month hurricane season, which begins June 1, NOAA’s Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook says there is a 70 percent likelihood of 13 to 20 named storms (winds of 39 mph or higher), of which 7 to 11 could become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or higher), including 3 to 6 major hurricanes (Category 3, 4 or 5; winds of 111 mph or higher)."
    NOAA predicts active 2013 Atlantic hurricane season

So how has it actually turned out?

" became the first hurricane of the season on September 11. By 15:00 UTC on September 13, Humberto had diminished into a tropical storm."
    2013 Atlantic hurricane season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's right.. Just one hurricane for the season and a sorry one at that. It was a minimal CAT1 fish-storm hurricane for one whole entire day before dying of loneliness. Yet we are expected to believe predictions of all sorts of cataclysms if we don't buckle under and go with the leftist agenda of the climate activist-scientist "consensus".

Damn Mariss I think I am going to order yet another G540 today! I am not kidding. Btw I was going to anyway. But it always better to support people and businesses you have common ground.
    A lazy man does it twice.

Glad to see your still around, Mariss! Been missing your wit as well as the clarity you bring to any subject. Don't stay gone for so long!
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

Thanks jhowelb,

I just read about a major new science discovery that I think you may be interested in. It has been long speculated there exists an "island of stability" for elements with atomic numbers greater than 124. Now it seems one has been discovered by scientists, not at CERN, but in Washington of all places. Such is the serendipity of science. Let me quote from the article:

"The densest element known to science has been discovered. The new element has been named "Obamacaryium". Obamacaryium has one central neutron, 12 assistant neutrons, 75 deputy neutrons and 224 assistant deputy neutrons giving it an atomic mass of 911. These particles are held together by dark forces called Morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called Peons. The symbol for Obamacronium is "Ohno". Obamacaryium's mass actually increase over time, as the morons randomly interact with anthropogenic CO2 and capture assistant deputy neutrons in the Obamacaryium nucleus, forming a large cluster of Idiotopes.

This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists using Climate Change models to believe that Obamacaryium is formed whenever morons reach a critical mass also known as Morass. When excited with a high flux of money, Obamacaryium interacts with abcnbccbsnewsium, an element radiating several orders of magnitude more energy, mostly as incoherent noise since it has half as many Peons but twice as many Morons. Obamacaryium has no protons and only controns fill the shells surrounding the nucleus. Scientific consensus is 97% that controns and the lack of protons may influence the outcome of next electron that comes by."

I plagiarized this from http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news...-show#comments and diluted it with my acerbic wit.

Mariss...
    This explains why the oceans are becoming more acerbic!

Yeah, it's called ocean acerbification. Big problem I hear with it and coral reefs and sea slugs. Both are getting real mouthy and sarcastic because of our indifference to the imminent calamity of acerbification.

Geoengineering the climate could reduce vital rains | UCAR - University Corporation for Atmospheric Research

A catch 22.....??? Ahhh, the plans of mice and men............

snip
    ================================================== ================================================== ===
    The international study, led by scientists at the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), finds that global warming caused by a massive increase in greenhouse gases would spur a nearly 7 percent average increase in precipitation compared to preindustrial conditions.

But trying to resolve the problem through “geoengineering” could result in monsoonal rains in North America, East Asia, and other regions dropping by 5-7 percent compared to preindustrial conditions. Globally, average precipitation could decrease by about 4.5 percent.

“Geoengineering the planet doesn’t cure the problem,” says NCAR scientist Simone Tilmes, lead author of the new study. “Even if one of these techniques could keep global temperatures approximately balanced, precipitation would not return to preindustrial conditions.”

Mariss,

I'm afraid to inquire as to the (anatomical) source of the anthropogenic CO2 but I would suspect that it would be accompanied by a sizable volume of methane and great clouds of hydrogen sulfide. That would account for the liberal odor surrounding such conflation.
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

Whenever you think of "geoengineering", keep in mind that it will be advocated, and managed by the same great minds that have brought us Obamacare....

Quote Originally Posted by fizzissist View Post
    Whenever you think of "geoengineering", keep in mind that it will be advocated, and managed by the same great minds that have brought us Obamacare....
    From an earlier message.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhowelb View Post
    One day you will have to realize that the INTENT is destruction of the economy and with it all our societal mechanism. Only then can the world be rebuilt in the image envisioned by Karl Marx>

Can't send you anymore PMs. Your box is full. You can save your messages to your hard drive before deleting them by scrolling down and save as txt plus a few other choices

Hey fizzissist
    Do you use the name 'fizzycist' on a few other sites????

Hey fizzissist
    Do you use the name 'fizzycist' on a few other sites????
    Nope. Not me!

...... Beware false imitators!

Nope. Not me!

...... Beware false imitators!
    Too bad...The guy uses his head and, similar to you. is quite eloquent and understandable................

Too bad...The guy uses his head and, similar to you. is quite eloquent and understandable................
    .... but unlike me, he's eloquent and understandable??

Would enjoy seeing his posts.... if you don't want to post here any links, PM me if you wouldn't mind.

.... but unlike me, he's eloquent and understandable??

Would enjoy seeing his posts.... if you don't want to post here any links, PM me if you wouldn't mind.
    I see if I can find him again...... you are eloquent and understandable..and probably more intelligent....

This may take some time......Attachment 211192

Page 449 of 460 349399439447448449450451459