586,664 active members*
5,697 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 209 of 460 109159199207208209210211219259309
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 9195
    Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    they don't call yo'all "The Ugly Americans" also for nothing..............

Nature did not intend Efficiency to be part of the equation, so when someone states that a wind generator, photo voltaic cell or any other device is inefficient because it produces so little energy for the effort, think of Nature and be humble, even a candle is high tech to a stone age cave man.

Ian.
    The incessant bashing of the U.S.....by an opportunist, no less..

I've seen first hand the "ugly American" behaviour and have been terribly embarrassed by it. I'm particularly sensitive to how I'm perceived by a foreign host..survival instinct perhaps..

But I got a real eye-opener on my last trip to an asian country, where I found out that Americans are actually preferred. Their least favorites were russians, followed by australians.

Both were considered to be loud, drunk, and obnoxious. The russians were in the lead because of their proclivity for endlessly trying to cheat vendors and cab drivers, so the aussies are stuck with 2nd place. But it's a close second, because they've got the edge with their arrogance.

An associate here has many close friends from that country, one of them a former police officer, and the general feeling above is echoed by these friends.

So, before you go throwing stones, you might do well to remember who went along for the ride into Afghanistan and Iraq.....

And "fragile" world economy?? Like the U.S. is the controlling force? I wish.

But that's political and social...let's talk about your other statement.."Nature did not intend Efficiency to be part of the equation" Boy, if that isn't prima facie proof you've got no clue when it comes to nature, much less science in general, I'll turn in my Buckaroo Banzai badge.

Efficiency is the quintessential goal of evolution. Adaptation is efficiency as the end result. I can't see how much more clear the relationship between nature and efficiency could be. Efficiency isn't IN the equation, it IS the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Hey 97T, the economic bit I agree with you and the ecologic bit, well I agree to disagree with you HOWEVER one part of your post really hit a nerve with me. I truly didn't know whether to laugh or to cry when you said: "I live in an area where I can get any of the materials to make a special machine within a day. I can buy any special bolt, be it of stainless, brass, plastic, or steel, just down the street, inexpensively, and have it installed this afternoon. I can get a skilled machinist to make something special out of an exotic alloy, have it ground to exacting dimensions, and even have it ceramic coated within a few days if I have to. These efficiencies make it extremely difficult for anyone that lives in a remote, virtual wasteland to compete. It allows people here to do the work of ten or twenty people (maybe more) who don't enjoy these advantages." By your definintion I don't live in the "developed world". I'd be more than happy just to be able to buy the special bolt and forget about the machinist, special alloy, grinding and the ceramic coatings! Regardless of what I may or may not think about American politics, I'd move there tomorrow if I could just for the very reasons you state in these couple of lines. No criticism meant on what you wrote so I hope you take this the way it's meant to be.
    Yes, having the infrastructure, the talent, the materials, the power, everything you need available RIGHT NOW should be a huge advantage. Too bad it gets erased by a bunch of talentless posers who think they "lead" me. They will destroy this convenience. And wherever they are, they prevent it from ever happening in the first place. They set the environment. And nobody is going to open up a fastener store in a place where there are no customers that need them. And that lack of a fastener store makes it more difficult to open a business that will need them. Chicken and egg conundrum. The only real solution is to get rid of the posers somehow. But they got the guns, and they aren't going to just walk away from their free money, so ......

--97T--

To Handlewanker, I believe your comments when aimed at a personal level, should be kept out of this forum. Regarding your comments about the ugly American, just remember that there are a lot of Ugly Australians too! By and large the Australians that I know are nice people but what about all the drunken Australian louts that the English have to put up with in ????? Square (Leicester? can't remember the name) in London every day of the year. I have heard many Europeans comment on the terrible social conditions they see in the Bronx when they visit USA BUT is this a cross section of the USA? Or for that matter are the drunken Australian louts in Leicester (?) Square a representation of the average Australian? No, not even close!

To Fizzissist I say the same however in all fairness I guess your comments were in reaction to Handlewanker's. Let's keep it clean or if not just refrain from posting.

As I've stated on previous occasions, I believe that GW is happening and that we must attempt to find solutions and change our "unsustainable way of life". This is just my opinion and I know I don't have a hope in hell of convincing any of you lot that I'm right (not that I profess to be either) nor do you have a hope in hell of convincing me that you're right. For that reason I find this thread to be rather useless and all it has managed to achieve is to degenerate to this latest slinging match.

Like it or not, a very large proportion of the world thinks that the USA has a lot to answer for with regards to world politics, wars, etc. I say this knowing the general opinion of my fellow Australians and also the general opinion here in Western Europe. However, show me the clean and perfect nation? There isn’t one! They’re all into it and they all have their snouts in the trough gorging themselves stupid. This isn’t the place for this type of excrement. Remember why we are here at cnczone. Like One of Many sort of said (slightly changed): I go to work and take care of my family needs just like you do so don’t look for someone to pin all the world’s problems on.

As I state above, I believe we have to change our unsustainable way of life BUT: I crossed Spain on the way back from holidays 10 days ago and was surprised to see field after field (hundreds) of solar panel arrays which weren’t there 2 years ago. Each field with say 60 units each measuring say 12m x 6m. Good thing I suppose although for one reason or another I’m not a big supporter of photovoltaic power on a large scale. I’ve since found out that there is a huge subsidy for the actual physical installation and as well as that the government is paying 44c (€) per Kw for the electricity generated which is 10 times the average price the electricity company charges (€0.04). On one side we could say well if this is what’s needed to stimulate alternative energy sources then good. On the other side of things, we have a whole new market with lots of people marking huge amounts of money (component importers, frame and mechanism constructors, installers, field owners who rent out the field,) and then the investors who probably couldn’t give a rat’s aarse about the planet but get paid 10 times the going rate. Question is: Who pays for all this? Good or bad, I don’t know. One could also say that those with the money (investors) get to reap an artificially high benefit which will ultimately be paid for by the average householder via raised electricity tariffs. That’s not to criticise Spain either as I know Australia has a similar program as do many other countries. I wonder if the peak period of electricity produced by solar energy happens to match peak demand period? I doubt it. Carbon credits are another grey (read: shadey) area for me.

97T, regarding the housing crisis we’ll wait to see what happens here in Spain. Quick summary of the rising market syndrome here in Spain: ~41 million people here, plus a huge immigrant population of which many are illegal. 5 years ago there were almost 3 million dwellings empty and the rate of building here is, or at least was until a few months ago more than UK, France and Germany combined where there are about 190 million people. So how was the game played? (A) Person A has some money stashed away so they buy an apartment off the plan at X€ then sell it a year later when it’s ready to live in at X€ + 40%. Thing is that the deeds only get done when the dwelling is actually habitable and therefore never get to go in person A’s name so they get to pocket the +40% without having to pay tax on the earnings. Then they do it again and again.
    (B) Person B already has a dwelling where they live but wants to get in on the housing thing so they buy the above dwelling. The bank loans them 100% of the value of the dwelling using the first dwelling as collateral. There’s no need to rent the place out (renting’s a risky business here) because they know that next year this place will be worth at least 20% more than this year.
    (C) Couple C are young and only have €3,000 saved. Well in fact they didn’t save it as it was given to them by their parents. They buy a dwelling worth €150,000. Taxes to buy it are say another €22,000 = €172,000 total minus €3,000 deposit = a loan for €169,000 on a place worth €150,000
    Now two years later the “real estate prices will never go down” economy suddenly finds that yes prices can go down and in fact one of couple C loses their job due to the downturn in the economy and they are forced to sell their dwelling. Now the dwelling is worth €130,000 but even at that price they can’t find anyone to buy it and their mortgage is for €169,000.
    Yes, everything’s wonderful in a rising market. You can’t put a foot wrong. Then one day reality strikes home and everyone realises that you can’t have 4 million empty dwellings and keep building at a rate higher than several other countries put together.

p.s. The other day I saw a post here by a Chinese guy trying to hussle up work as a middleman and I was particularly apalled when he was attacked in what for me was a racist manner. Ashamedly for me, the person that launched the attack happened to be Australian. Fancy blaming a Chinese individual for the woes/effects of Chinese imports in our countries.
    Skippy,

I sincerely appreciate your practical view from all sides of these issues. At least you can verbalize the conflicts each problem/resolution brings to the table.

I do discredit the US elite for influencing the financial debacles of our time, but I also see it reported around the world housing loan markets, not just the USA. As 97T has described the fiat money systems manipulation, it is insider trading even Martha Stewart never dreamed to be proud to claim the benefits from before or after her jail sentence. So many analysts and market brokers kept a dirty secret about the wings falling off and systemically, mums the word if you want to keep your cash rolling in like Enron. IMHO, same is true for those eminent scientists living off grant funding against climate change. If they spent that much time and money over the last 25 years improving alternative energy resources, just like cancer cures, one would think there would be a glimmer of hope on the horizon. None exists that doesn't drag down the economy further. The only resolution we seem to hear about is making current energy resources unaffordable with very heavy handed taxation to make the lame alternatives look better. So few are any benefit to the environment it is ridiculous. The politicians see the benefits in loads of cash coming their way and still deny any accountability.

There is a financial and environ-mental war going on and those predisposed to 6th century mentality expect everyone to take their place in the energy consumption pecking order. The notion to those that give up their reliance on energy, somehow invites them to want to force you to give up yours, is also ridiculous. My lifestyle is sustainable, that is, until someone higher up brings it to ruin along with those loudmouths that motivate the powers that be enough, to pull the rug out from under my fragile economic standing somewhere along my productive life span.

I'd bet in any nation like the US, where only 50% pay zero taxes and are reliant on the government. Those non-contributing parasites are hedging their bets as a voting bloc for the party that offers the most benefit to them. Out of the 50% that do work for a decent living, 3% of the wealthiest pay 70% of the taxes. To pay off our deficit, invoke public health care, and bribe despot dictators to play nice, the taxes would double on that 50%. To think of that would spell real trouble in the fiat currency the likes of Zimbabwe dollars and 70-80% of the US as wards of the state. I sense that all it will take is the other shoe to drop. There is no wonder if some around the globe are praying that will happen, while some behind the scenes are doing their best working against us to bring it to fruition.

I don't blame the Chinese for playing the capitalism game. What I do blame them for is the imbalanced trade and allowing importers to basically buy more on top of debt. Those problems are internal as well as external responsibilities ignored. I cannot run my bank account like that, but can be held liable to the government bailouts for things beyond my control? As far as I am concerned, the American/Chinese racist cabal is equal to one Australian casting aspersions on the simple Americans here as a whole in this thread also. I will continue trying to defend and protect my small portion of life challenges.

DC

To Handlewanker, I believe your comments when aimed at a personal level, should be kept out of this forum. Regarding your comments about the ugly American, just remember that there are a lot of Ugly Australians too! ...... the drunken Australian louts......

To Fizzissist I say the same however in all fairness I guess your comments were in reaction to Handlewanker's. Let's keep it clean or if not just refrain from posting.
    I've just been talking about the drunken Australian louts, like you are.

Fizzissist: "I've just been talking about the drunken Australian louts, like you are."

What, you callin me a drunken Australian lout? Them's fighting words!

hehehe!!!!

Fizzissist: "I've just been talking about the drunken Australian louts, like you are."

What, you callin me a drunken Australian lout? Them's fighting words!

hehehe!!!!
    The English language is really great.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Dear Rude People,

At the risk of drawing your attention to an Australian about whom you are already familiar, please take a few minutes to see what Mr Keninmonth says on the topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QJuUTal05k

Thank-you for your attention.

Best wishes,

Martin

Uncle Tom Cobberly and all agree unanimously that the Ugly American does exist, so why don't they do something to polish up their image, or is it the feeling of power that overides the sensibility and accountability bit that holds them back?

The fact that escapes the collective minds is that in the US of A, (and I will keep using them as an example while thay continue to behave like tin gods with rubber feet, that is, going in all directions at the same time doing the great balancing act), the elected leaders are drawn from the great unwashed huddled masses with a MAD policy as the solution to any conflict that suggested the sacred soil of the good ol' US might be despoiled.

At the same time, having bought ALL of their friends they choose to call allies, they now expect their "friends" to follow their example carte blanche.

How frigging rude can you get?
    Giving your friend a dollar and then telling them to go park your car. Arsseholes, I'm spewing.

When the head of a country is drawn from the crowd, and by bought votes, what hope for the paper dollar ever to be honourably surrendered for the value it pretends to depict?

Now that the energy crisis is becoming the bogeyman under the bed in real form, the Humanoids, (and in case I'm misinterpreted, a Humanoid is a being that came down from the trees to walk upright and generally behaves as a superior evolutionary member of the food chain but does not return to the food chain at the end of it's existence like the rest of the animal world).

Where was I? oh yes, the energy bit, having spent the inheritance on wine, loose women and riotous living, you now have to go back to menial work with a hang over, crabs and saggy belly to try and earn a few dollars to put bread on the mat (the tabel and chairs were pawned) and with another mouth to feed on the way.

Interpreted means, the cheap oil in the lamp is almost gone so it's back to candle power for all.

Trouble is there's so many candle burners out there and they all want to burn candles just like they burnt the oil, and where do you think all those candles are going to come from?

Candles don't give such a bright light, and also cost more to make.

Imagine trying to have a BBQ with just one candle, some might aspire to two candles, while others might just go to bed early and make a few more Humanoids just for fun.

So get real Humanoids, while you might be the very nicest people to one another, you are a real pain when you try to be clever.

Yo'all are going to have to learn to compromise, spelt "practice a bit of frugality", shock horror, and at the same time come to terms that now the party is over, the bill you incurred having the party has got to be paid with a weekly wage that is now far less than you earned before.

Isn't it a fact of life that the best things in life are free, so what are you worrying about, make all those exotic things with the latest technology, but you'll be selling them if you can to someone who works for less than a dollar a day.

Yes, the lucky country, drunken revelers and all, they've got something to write home to Mum and Dad about, certainly have Ollie.
    Ian.

The role of the UN in climate change

The paradigm shift where the bad have become models of goodness, and the good are reviled. The only constant is the river of money.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRHIRyY5aOs&feature=related"]YouTube - The United Nations, Climate Change, and Money Trails[/ame]

Handlewanker,

You are an ugly person. Attacking my country while you gave up your own.

Mariss

Grrr Grrrrrrr, you mean like bad dog ugly or just plain old grumpy old man ugly?

I guess there's a lot to be ugly about when you see the type that are supposed to be the "creme de la creme" getting the facts all wrong, well according to other members of the "creme de la creme" and their groupies.

Suppopsing we ( that is the Humanoids and I) just ignore the "creme de la creme" and turf them out on their eminent ears to go and dig worms so that they can do something usefull.

Would the climate change take us all by surprise and cause mass panic in the ranks?

I don't think so, not with the Beijing games in full focus to distract the minds.

So what's it all about Alfie?

I personally couldn't give a rats arssse if the clouds gathered tomorrow and it pissed down for fourty days and fourty nights.

Some good soul is going to build a big wooden boat and we are all going to get into it along with all the animals birds and bees and sail to the new world, not the New World of Columbus et al but a brave new world somewhere beyond the stars and everything gonna be all right, you have my solemn promise on that, ('cept it's Mars they got their eyes on), that's really being eminent.

And to make it come true all yo'all gotta do is suscribe a cuppla hunned dollas each to get a front row seat behind the paddlers.
    Don't all rush cos ther'll be lots of time yet, maybe next century by all accounts, but it's comin.

How daft can you get, but the Bible punchers believe it happened.

So, just ignore all the dire warnings and it will all go away.

Nobody is then going to rip off anybody with false promises or be able to write books with masses of whatever they put in books that make Humanoids spend money.

That guy that Claudia Rosett spoke about will be the last of the ripper offers, seeing as how nobody is going to care if it rains or just plain shines all day.

All them scientist fellers gonna be looking for alternative employment seeing as how the bullsh!t they helped to spread is now going to be used to fertilise the food farms yo'all gonna need to sustain your increasing people production.

BTW, hats off to Sir Bob Geldoff, and if you're listening Bob, wos fink o' the situation down Ethiopia way now the world order has been and bailed the starving kids out of their situation?

The population of useless mouths has gone from 37 million to 75 million, and now they're pushing the starving kids with big wide eyes and empty begging bowls under the noses of the stupid Western do gooders to bail them out once more, and all to the tune of barking Kalashnikoffs in the background.

I think the next tune old Bob had better play would be on a flute, and do the people there a lot of good like the Pied Piper of hamelin, but he wouldn't be charging a thousand guilders I bet.

Which just goes to show you, with the best will in the world all you can do when your brain is out of touch with realtiy is to stuff up the environment while you just walk away to collect your knighthood.

Actually Mariss, I didn't give up my country, I just maximised my options and took the easy way out, that is like an old dog with his nose to the wind, don't hang around when the old man is coming home peed out of his mind.

I just saw on the 'net that UK is teetering on the brink of a recession.
    How stupid can you get Mariss, do you want me to go rushing back "home" to stick my finger in the dyke? Not bleeding likely. I'm allright jack.

To put it bluntly, those that are in govenment and have milked the country dry by mismanagement and misdemeanour are going to have to get along without me, seeing as I worked and paid my taxes as they decreed, so why should I feel that I owe them a brass razoo?

I think that when the World comes to grips with the situation of foreign imports reducing the status quo, they will realise that it aint nice to work for a dollar a day.

Untill thay put their money where their pontificating mouths are, things will never be the same as the "good old days", e.g. the colonialisation of ignorant native tribes that just wanted to live like they had always lived for thousands of years before the Western world opened their eyes and "liberated" them from their ignorance.

One day when the Chinese and other Asian countries eventually become affluent and consumer concious, the foreign imports will no longer be cheap toys, but the only supply of a Western world reduced to third country standards that will also rise like the Phoenix from their ashes, and flood the newly affluent ones with new cheap goods that they made earning a dollar a day.
    Ian.

Geof,
    You mentioned cross-hemispheric mixing? Funny that it's mentioned in junkscience.com the day after I referrenced the Hadley, Ferrel, and Polar cells.....but somehow it's now only 2 on each side..

New clues to air circulation in the atmosphere
    Space & Earth science / Environment

"Air circulates above the Earth in four distinct cells, with two either side of the equator, says new research. The new observational study describes how air rises and falls in the atmosphere above the Earth's surface, creating the world's weather."
    http://www.physorg.com/news138546084.html

Hmmmm....I'm not the only one to notice there used to be 3, as evidenced in the comments...

Quote Originally Posted by fizzissist View Post
    ....Hmmmm....I'm not the only one to notice there used to be 3, as evidenced in the comments...
    I skimmed your link and am a bit bemused. I was always under the impression that there were three regions of atmospheric downward flow; the polar, the mid-latitude and the tropical (if I have my names correct). These regions of downward flow correspond with the land locations on the globe that can experience desert conditions; indeed a physical geography book I read years ago stated that it was the cool descending air warming up and going down in humidity that contributed to the desert conditions.

Now that some circulation has been magically removed I guess we can expect to see the dissappearance of one or more desert regions on the globe.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

No amount of reason, logic, and supporting data can penetrate certifiable calcified nihilism expressed as a profound hatred of man and everything that furthers his well-being.

On the weather front, I guess we can dismiss the intertropical convergence zones now.

--97T--

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    Now that some circulation has been magically removed I guess we can expect to see the dissappearance of one or more desert regions on the globe.
    Right on, Geof -- that's the way to tell 'em!

For anyone else interested, the big circulations we're talking about are called the "Hadley Cells," and you can't find them on a weather map because they're not weather features -- they're climate features. (In other words, they're an interesting feature in long-term averages of weather data, not in daily weather patterns.)

So, on a day-to-day basis nothing has dissapeared or been removed -- we don't see the three major cells because we never saw them and never will!

The Global Warming Geopolitics
    The recent Global Warming hysteria is in reality a geopolitical push by leading global elite circles to find a way to get the broader populations to willingly accept drastic cuts in their living standards, something that were it demanded without clear reason by politicians, would spark strikes and protest. The UN’s latest IPCC report on Global Warming calls for diverting a huge 12% of global GDP to “prevent the harmful effects of climate change.” The UN report, for example, estimated that its recommendations to reduce certain manmade emissions would cost about $2,750 per family per year in the price of energy.
    Today there are two principal policy options of the Anglo-American power establishment to impose their further control over a world that is rapidly slipping out from under them. We might call them Plan A and Plan B for short.
    The first, Plan A, was the option represented by Bush-Cheney and the big oil and military industrial complex behind them. Cheney and his close Houston friend, Matt Simmons, propagated the myth of Peak Oil to lull populations into accepting the inevitability of $100 a barrel or even higher oil prices. In the meantime, the relative strength of the Big Oil and the related US military establishment grew with higher oil prices.
    Their global War on Terror provided a cover or pretext to justify military control over the major oil reserves and oil transit passages of the world. From Iraq to Afghanistan to Kosovo, the US and NATO agenda was aimed at future control of the extraordinary economic powers emerging from Russia to China to India to Brazil and Venezuela and beyond. Through China’s effective diplomacy in Africa, many African countries are on the brink of slipping out from under the US or British control into Chinese or more independent status.
    If John McCain becomes the next choice of the US power elites to be President, that will signal that that military and oil agenda will escalate, especially as the USA sinks into a severe economic depression in coming months.
    The second broad faction of maintaining their control over the greater part of the world economy, Plan B, sees Global Warming and “soft power” as embodied in the organs of the United Nations and IMF and World Bank as the more suitable vehicle to convince people to willingly accept drastic reduction in living standards.
    Barack Obama, the apparent choice of the same elites as a “breath of change” to allow them to regroup after the debacle of the Bush-Cheney years, would likely opt for the second faction of the global elite—the Global Warming option to lowering general living standards, ‘Plan B’ of the Anglo-American establishment. In a recent campaign speech in Wallingford Pennsylvania, Mr. Obama replied to a question about Al Gore, the hero of Global Warming. As President, Obama said he would consider putting Al Gore in a Cabinet-level position—or higher. He stated, “I will make a commitment that Al Gore will be at the table and play a central part in us figuring out how we solve this problem. He’s somebody I talk to on a regular basis. I’m already consulting with him in terms of these issues but climate change is real."
    49 and still learning

Quote Originally Posted by 307startup View Post
    Well said Mariss.
    Too bad the Neanderthals aren't around to hear it.

Hi Kirkin, suppose the "middle East" cartel, whoever they are, put the oil up to $200 a barrel, would the US et al pay it, or would they just take it and pay what they thought it was worth?

Supposing China agreed to pay $200 a barrel and would take as much as the Middle East could deliver, would this be tantamount to a "Free Market economy strategy"?

I also wonder what the "free nations" would do if the Chinese negotiated a pipeline building plan direct to China.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, the paper money mountain just aint going to go away, so what I might ask are the Western powers going to pay for all that oil with?

The answer to that one is in a simple story I once heard.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkln View Post
    The Global Warming Geopolitics
    The recent Global Warming hysteria is in reality a geopolitical push by leading global elite circles to find a way to get the broader populations to willingly accept drastic cuts in their living standards, something that were it demanded without clear reason by politicians, would spark strikes and protest. The UN’s latest IPCC report on Global Warming calls for diverting a huge 12% of global GDP to “prevent the harmful effects of climate change.” The UN report, for example, estimated that its recommendations to reduce certain manmade emissions would cost about $2,750 per family per year in the price of energy.
    Today there are two principal policy options of the Anglo-American power establishment to impose their further control over a world that is rapidly slipping out from under them. We might call them Plan A and Plan B for short.
    The first, Plan A, was the option represented by Bush-Cheney and the big oil and military industrial complex behind them. Cheney and his close Houston friend, Matt Simmons, propagated the myth of Peak Oil to lull populations into accepting the inevitability of $100 a barrel or even higher oil prices. In the meantime, the relative strength of the Big Oil and the related US military establishment grew with higher oil prices.
    Their global War on Terror provided a cover or pretext to justify military control over the major oil reserves and oil transit passages of the world. From Iraq to Afghanistan to Kosovo, the US and NATO agenda was aimed at future control of the extraordinary economic powers emerging from Russia to China to India to Brazil and Venezuela and beyond. Through China’s effective diplomacy in Africa, many African countries are on the brink of slipping out from under the US or British control into Chinese or more independent status.
    If John McCain becomes the next choice of the US power elites to be President, that will signal that that military and oil agenda will escalate, especially as the USA sinks into a severe economic depression in coming months.
    The second broad faction of maintaining their control over the greater part of the world economy, Plan B, sees Global Warming and “soft power” as embodied in the organs of the United Nations and IMF and World Bank as the more suitable vehicle to convince people to willingly accept drastic reduction in living standards.
    Barack Obama, the apparent choice of the same elites as a “breath of change” to allow them to regroup after the debacle of the Bush-Cheney years, would likely opt for the second faction of the global elite—the Global Warming option to lowering general living standards, ‘Plan B’ of the Anglo-American establishment. In a recent campaign speech in Wallingford Pennsylvania, Mr. Obama replied to a question about Al Gore, the hero of Global Warming. As President, Obama said he would consider putting Al Gore in a Cabinet-level position—or higher. He stated, “I will make a commitment that Al Gore will be at the table and play a central part in us figuring out how we solve this problem. He’s somebody I talk to on a regular basis. I’m already consulting with him in terms of these issues but climate change is real."
    Heads I Win, Tails You Lose, that's the name of the coin flip game. Things will continue to move ahead on both fronts. Rhodes scholars are taught the strategic flim flam game in philosophy class. It's called Thesis, Antithesis, Synthesis. In simple terms, it means setting up two alternatives, getting everyone fired up on which one is best, and finally 'compromising' to a mix of the two. Everyone who didn't see that the fight was all happening on the same side of the same coin, who don't see that they are being led to ignore the real alternatives, will view the outcome as the only sensible solution, practically inevitable. In this case, the real alternatives are; government control over energy (meaning energy rationing eventually), or a free market in energy. It boils down to slavery vs freedom. Because you need energy to live, and when they control all of the energy, they own you.

The same philosophical con game operates behind every power grab scheme in existence. It's in play in the health care arena right now, the collapsing housing market, you name it. Every time the government dips its toe into the market intervention pool, the results always push things towards disaster, which is then seized upon as justification for ever more strict controls.

--97T--

Page 209 of 460 109159199207208209210211219259309