586,100 active members*
2,680 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 454 of 460 354404444452453454455456
Results 9,061 to 9,080 of 9197

Re: The Coming Climate Change

Interesting article to be sure and a bit scary if you live nearby. But again it`s nature doing what it does and no matter how much you study it and however much money you throw at it , what can we the human race actually do about it ?

Just say for the sake of argument that climate change is proven beyond any doubt to be caused by a natural cyclic phenomena and that we , with all our pollution , are responsible for 0.000001 % of a degree temperature rise. (That could be I suppose the straw that broke the camels back) What can we , with our technology actually do about it ? (Suggestions please) . Nature sneezes and we all die it`s happened before and will no doubt happen countless more times before our star goes out .

Climate change , if you live in England then the climate changes anything upto 3-4 times a day. It`s called weather. In England if the rain is warm then it`s summer if it`s cold then it`s winter. Chuck in the odd hurricane and the occasional tornado and the Green party immediately want to flog the motorist. They point out the problem and blame everybody that has a semblance of modern life for being entirely to blame for anything from floods to the 3inches of global warming that we shovelled away to get in our cars this year. They are very good at pointing out a problem ( or so they think ) But not so good at solving them. Unless you count being very loud and obnoxious a step in the right direction. As you can probably tell the Greens in England have me somewhat miffed !

Don`t just come to us with a problem but a problem with a possible solution and proper data to back it up too. Earths climate" IS" chaos theory. Countless variables each having an effect and an affect on each other. Something so complex that all the super computers in the world still can`t make an accurate model of what is actually going on . No more accurate than the old fella on the coast that feels his seaweed and can tell by the ache in his bones that it`s going to rain by the end of the day ! His best guess is a valid a £100 000 000 super computer ( so far ) . So perhaps rather than creating panic and knee jerk reaction to scare mongering news papers , scientist , "Right on" Greenies etc. all to curry political advantage and to look good , they should give the old fella at the coast some of that £100 000 000 and have him tell them how he does it ??

There should be a penalty for lying on such a grand scale . Crooks have their ill gotten gains confiscated so why not the liars that have conned millions out of all of us. It is no less of a crime surely ? But like anything that the governments do ( like wars , and killing in general )" It`s ok ! We`re the Government " and because a lot of "US" say it`s ok , then you shouldn`t concern yourselves! Politicians ! Pah ! None of them worth a light !

We have an election coming up in a couple of months time over here. An interesting comment made by London Mayor Boris Johnson a few months back about diesel fumes being so deadly in the Capitol and that he plans to ban all diesel engine cars from the city. Over the last 10 - 15 years successive governments over here have promoted diesels as being green as the Co2 emissions are non existent . So everybody ditched their petrol ( gasoline for our American cousins ) cars for green diesels `cos the government encouraged us to do the right thing. Now Boris has tipped us off that after the election (Which they will no doubt win ) that all of us that now run diesels will be taxed until our eyes bleed . Not heard a peep about this for a few months ( most likely because he was told to shut up as there`s an election coming up ). So all is lovely and wonderful now but just wait and see what happens after our election. When you have a Government doing a spectacular u turn like this . How the f**k can they expect us to believe a word they say ???? Not just the U.K. Government either , but I`ll let others comment on their own experiences .

The simple answer to that one I think is "Don`t" . I wouldn`t say I`m any happier for it but at least I know my B.S . meter is fully functioning and finely tuned. My apologies if this has tuned into a full on rant but hey ! Better out than in !

Well said Mr Routerfiend!

Very well written, thank you.
    I would submit that the climate change is only a means to an end.
    There is always some crisis that only the politicians can save us from
    and Oh By The way must raise taxes to get it done.

I'm not sure that one article/study means that the whole thing is a scam as there are many many many studies which suggest the complete opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by J2daJ View Post
    I'm not sure that one article/study means that the whole thing is a scam as there are many many many studies which suggest the complete opposite.
    If you've only read one article/study suggesting the whole thing is a scam, but MANY MANY MANY studies suggesting the complete opposite, then you really haven't researched the issue, have you?

Hi
    It might not be a bad idea to research this in a little more detail. If you delve a little deeper the facade becomes apparent. Too many supposed reports /enquiries that are supposed to be showing the same data that simply don`t stack up. Even without the blatant data lie exposed by the email hack from U.K. university. It just does not tally with what is being reported as a major global catastrophe in the making . Don`t want a fight just the truth .

Others don't want or care about the truth, just a major global catastrophe to tax.

My friend I think you have hit the nail on the head . It is a great pity that so many people are quite happy to be lied to so long as it doesn`t impact on their way of life. And by the time they realise that it is impacting on their lives then I`m afraid it is too late and the damage is done . Naivety is not a sin but it might just get us killed or at least mortally taxed , which is much the same thing.

Also, on a slightly different tack , I feel that an apology is justified from all right thinking people here in the U.K. for inflicting you poor Americans with our Piers Morgan. He is a twat when he is over here and disappointingly so when he was over there. I bow my head in shame that he is an English man . But then Jeremy Clarkson did punch him once just a shame it was only the once , but hey !

I cringe at the thought of Piers Morgan replacing Jeremy Clarkson in Top Gear. .... That would be a truly sad day, and the last time I'd watch!

A truly terrible thought. Very unlikely though . It wouldn`t be the same without him that`s for sure in fact any of the team . I`m sure it`ll all blow over Top gear make too much money for the B.B.C . to allow it to go under.

Hello, my old friend fizzissist, on the thread that won't die! My last comment on this thread was in 2009. Haha!

Things haven't changed much. The infernal machine that distills tax dollars into synthetic truth churns along undeterred.

I hope this finds you well.

--97T--

Try the Corrupt UN actually admitting it is all about a Marxist revolution to remake the World economically by destroying Freedom and Free enterprise and the Capitalist systems that have allowed massive improvements in Living standards and life expectancy across the world,Anyone fancy a return to pre industrial revolution days, That is what these idiots will bring about if not destroyed, No not just stopped Cancer Cells must be destroyed or they come back to Kill the Host organism which is in this case the population of the World and every positive advance over the last two hundred years.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ****************
    Economic Systems: The alarmists keep telling us their concern about global warming is all about man's stewardship of the environment. But we know that's not true. A United Nations official has now confirmed this.
    At a news conference last week in Brussels, Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of U.N.'s Framework Convention on Climate Change, admitted that the goal of environmental activists is not to save the world from ecological calamity but to destroy capitalism.
    "This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution," she said.
    Referring to a new international treaty environmentalists hope will be adopted at the Paris climate change conference later this year, she added: "This is probably the most difficult task we have ever given ourselves, which is to intentionally transform the economic development model for the first time in human history."
    The only economic model in the last 150 years that has ever worked at all is capitalism. The evidence is prima facie: From a feudal order that lasted a thousand years, produced zero growth and kept workdays long and lifespans short, the countries that have embraced free-market capitalism have enjoyed a system in which output has increased 70-fold, work days have been halved and lifespans doubled.
    Figueres is perhaps the perfect person for the job of transforming "the economic development model" because she's really never seen it work. "If you look at Ms. Figueres' Wikipedia page," notes Cato economist Dan Mitchell: Making the world look at their right hand while they choke developed economies with their left.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: U.N. Official Reveals Real Reason Behind Global Warming Scare - Investors.com
    Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Coxsteve View Post
    Try the Corrupt UN actually admitting it is all about a Marxist revolution to remake the World economically by destroying Freedom and Free enterprise and the Capitalist systems that have allowed massive improvements in Living standards and life expectancy across the world,Anyone fancy a return to pre industrial revolution days, That is what these idiots will bring about if not destroyed, No not just stopped Cancer Cells must be destroyed or they come back to Kill the Host organism which is in this case the population of the World and every positive advance over the last two hundred years.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ****************
    Economic Systems: The alarmists keep telling us their concern about global warming is all about man's stewardship of the environment. But we know that's not true. A United Nations official has now confirmed this.
    At a news conference last week in Brussels, Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of U.N.'s Framework Convention on Climate Change, admitted that the goal of environmental activists is not to save the world from ecological calamity but to destroy capitalism.
    "This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution," she said.
    Referring to a new international treaty environmentalists hope will be adopted at the Paris climate change conference later this year, she added: "This is probably the most difficult task we have ever given ourselves, which is to intentionally transform the economic development model for the first time in human history."
    The only economic model in the last 150 years that has ever worked at all is capitalism. The evidence is prima facie: From a feudal order that lasted a thousand years, produced zero growth and kept workdays long and lifespans short, the countries that have embraced free-market capitalism have enjoyed a system in which output has increased 70-fold, work days have been halved and lifespans doubled.
    Figueres is perhaps the perfect person for the job of transforming "the economic development model" because she's really never seen it work. "If you look at Ms. Figueres' Wikipedia page," notes Cato economist Dan Mitchell: Making the world look at their right hand while they choke developed economies with their left.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: U.N. Official Reveals Real Reason Behind Global Warming Scare - Investors.com
    Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook
    Why destroing the kapial system we have, I agree that the system has to be changed, because commerce has not a good impact on live standart, we had crisis and have not yet recover but there
    are more extreme riches then ever, also big company,s get to much power so much she do not pay taxes anymore under pressure of move to other country, societys need mony to excist and there people has there good or bad live, or live longer or shorter,, here I do see a disaster evolving with the present system of kapitalism.

For climate change, just use thorium reactors, it can burn even the wast from nuclear plants, thorium is a nuclear fuel in a sold bad, it can never explode, or meld down, it is so save
    it can be in a city centre, the sold bad is pressureless uranium has 600 bar or something like that, cause metal cracks in time, thorium has little waste and we have enough for thousands oy years, we can make hydrogen with it and run cars etc etc, one point of worry, thorium is not suited for bombs.

this way we can do something about climate.

Butt hee, a long long time ago all our oil and gas was not yet made, for example when live did started to evolve, how was our world that day, is it not the duty of umans to burn it up make earth warmer because earth itselfs is a live form? is it this that umans do need fire to survive, I do not now a anymal who need that you do? have we ego for as our duty is done we destroy each other?
    has nature make a mistake here?. nice stuff, sorry when I have did type english errors, I have never learn it except on typing it to the internet.

regards kees

IMHO Capitalism does not need to be replaced, it works better than anything else when we have honest leaders. Instead we have corrupt, greedy self serving politicians.
    Instead of a constitutional republic we have become an oligarchy where very few control everything.

I think the time live did evolve and CO2 all in the air earth was a warm paradise, when live came like trees and gras it did
    consume CO2 make earth cooler, earth as a live on itselfs make umans to solve the trapped CO2 so earth get warm again.

"Antarctica's increasing sea ice restricting access to research stations" but don't worry, according to them it's nothing to do with Global Warming but simply caused by the wind. Yeh right! Whatever!
    Antarctica's increasing sea ice restricting access to research stations | Environment | The Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    "Antarctica's increasing sea ice restricting access to research stations" but don't worry, according to them it's nothing to do with Global Warming but simply caused by the wind. Yeh right! Whatever!
    Antarctica's increasing sea ice restricting access to research stations | Environment | The Guardian
    Well wil all this windmils maybe we take to much energy from the wind causing to change.

I do now that we can not take all energy from earth system without destroy wind jets even these are high in the air.

The mind boggles at the intense activity some people interpret as reasoning when the information they're working with is totally irrelevant......I ask you.....windy jets are high in the air.....LOL.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    The mind boggles at the intense activity some people interpret as reasoning when the information they're working with is totally irrelevant......I ask you.....windy jets are high in the air.....LOL.
    Ian.
    Wind stream is a part of climate, but you right, mind boggles sometimes because no one now if we can tap energy from our planets own system what keeps it in balance.

Maybe it is not of a importance because once upon a time we had a lot of trees big ones who catch megawatts of energy. However we do build mills on the sea there where no trees
    also not in past, sea is of importance for climate and wind, so I am curious if we go get trouble later on.

Just go to Thorium energy, the best way and save, enough for years to come.

As I say maybe it is not of importance and does it no harm at al, but expensive to keep them going.

regards

Fight California Traffic Ticket with traffic ticket california. 100% money back guarantee - No hidden fees! We can fight almost any traffic ticket California for a flat fee for all citations. Call us today at (818)332-0255.

Page 454 of 460 354404444452453454455456