586,094 active members*
4,177 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 441 of 460 341391431439440441442443451
Results 8,801 to 8,820 of 9197
    Well I'm glad that now some consensus has been arrived at as to who to point the finger at.......of course mankind is a contributory factor in Global weather changes.

Not all the effects are caused purely by Man.

If you took the Human race out of the picture, as some would like to do, you would still have climate variations, not as you have now, but variations pro rata the conditions that affect the weather with the conditions that would occur if just one link in the chain is missing.

Enter the Human Race, and the effects of it's being will cause a shifting of factors that we now go into panic mode for...........but the fact is, the weather is just adjusting to the influence as it now is, and if an asteroid made an entry to the scene, no doubt the effect would for a time be variable until the weather balanced to the new conditions and you'd end once more with........a change in the climate.

By that time the asteroid, if it were of significantly large enough volume to fundamentally alter the whole World environment as the last big one did, would not be part of any equation as Mankind won't be around to attempt a balancing act to the new conditions.....Mother Nature would just get on with it and invent a new species that would adapt to the new conditions......just as it always has been.

The Human race will be the ones to cop the full impact of an environmental disaster, like an asteroid impact, and being regarded as the lesser of all the species due to the fact that they are slow if not impossible to adapt to any change in their habitat, they will, like last year's snow fall, vanish never to be heard of or be repeated again.

I think the only thing Mankind learned from it's existence was that if you are a species that lives up in a tree you don't mess with fire, so the evolutionary process, per se, meant they all scrambled down the tree when it caught fire, never to go back again.....that's probably the biggest adaptation Mankind was able to achieve......but that was long after the previous asteroid made it's presence known.

From this observation the fact that the lesser primates who still live in trees, realising that their environment was at risk, decided to forgo the making of fire as a dangerous experiment that did no one any good.

From this observation too, it can be stated that the moment Mankind learned how to make fire, that was the moment when the climate balancing act shifted and caused the changes we now think of as unnatural.

It doesn't take a wizard in a pointed hat to know that if you introduce another factor to an experiment the outcome will shift to another dimension, and calling it AGW or climate change, for convenience, is just overstating the obvious.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzissist View Post
    Not to be picky... but.... 100% of the global warming/climate change caused by man is... uh... caused by man.
    To BE picky, 40% of CO2 emissions in the UK, or anywhere else, are NOT by man. Of the total CO2 atmospheric content, somewhere around 4% is anthropogenic. Of the 4% lies the breakdown of car, air travel, heating, etc....

There can be no question that man contributes to climate change, whether it's warming or cooling, or both. The BIG question that remains unanswered is exactly how much is our influence. The actual amount has yet to be quantified, and so far we're not even close to knowing.
    That is the point of my last post. The warmists do not want to define if man does or does not contribute to global warming anymore, they just want to control the information and institute their laws, rules, regulations, and taxes in spite of any evidence. Like going to court and before one opens their mouth, the guilty verdict is announced and off to prison it is................

most people think the Earth orbits in a perfect circle . But it does not . It wobbles all over the place over thousands of years causing climate change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike629 View Post
    Well, all I can say is that the Government can only go so far to please the people, but when the people don't support the Government, all the achievements are wasted.
    This SPAMbot is too stupid to realize its efforts are wasted...

Nothing worse than a SPAMbot's achievements being wasted....All because it hasn't gone far enough to please us so we don't support it.

Spam bot? Did you even watch the video, it talks about how ice ages are formed near the end. Maybe global warming is not so bad if an ice age is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by bozidar22 View Post
    Spam bot? Did you even watch the video, it talks about how ice ages are formed near the end. Maybe global warming is not so bad if an ice age is coming.
    nobody said you were a spambot, and yes, some of us did watch the video.

That was Mike629........don't feel too put on, they all make mistakes.

New Energy Secretary Moniz on Climate Change: 'Let?s Debate the Solutions as Opposed to the Driver' | CNS News

'Let’s Debate the Solutions as Opposed to the Driver'

New energy secretary wants solutions to global warming without any discussion about the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by dufas View Post
    New Energy Secretary Moniz on Climate Change: 'Let?s Debate the Solutions as Opposed to the Driver' | CNS News

New energy secretary wants solutions to global warming without any discussion about the cause.
    There is no money, or ability to control people, if you try to figure out the cause. Seems to me I read somewhere that this has happened before, even before there were enough humans to count, back when they didn't even know how to count! All the money to be made is in controlling what the people do and charging them more and more for doing it. Dear Mister Gore is a prime example of this! Another "do as I say, not as I do" kind of guy. If in doubt of this, check out his utility bills for his houses!

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by dufas View Post

On a level we all understand... This is like looking for a solution to tool chatter without understanding the cause...
    "AHHA! We need a bigger, more expensive machine... with GREEN paint!!"

On a level we all understand... This is like looking for a solution to tool chatter without understanding the cause...
    "AHHA! We need a bigger, more expensive machine... with GREEN paint!!"
    Reminds me of my brother's doctor. The doctor checked out my brother when he was 27 years old and come to the conclusion that my brother had Diabetes. This went on with all the daily mufti-injections until my brother reached 47 years old. My brother passed out while at work. He was rushed to the hospital and his regular doctor was on vacation. The new doctor that saw my brother said something is not right, my brother was sweating bullets but was cold and clammy. While my brother had all the symptoms of diabetes and in effect did have diabetes, the new doctor found that my brother had a football sized abdominal tumor that had pressed against his pancreas and cut off it's blood supply which would cause diabetic symptoms. The tumor was removed but my brother caught a staff infection that was drug resistant. Twelve weeks later, my brother died from the infection.

The old doctor was a real work of art. A couple of days later when he came back from vacation, he complained that my brother wasn't put on life support and held till he could evaluate the situation......

The fact that climate modeling is not very accurate should not come as a surprise to anybody that watches the weather reports on TV. If the weather can not be predicted one week in advance what hope do they have in predicting it a year or a hundred years in advance. Their only advantage in predicting the weather a hundred years ahead is that you and I will not be around to show them how wrong their predictions are.

Larry

Well here's a bit of information for you.......when the D day landings were planned, the actual day was so bad weather wise the landings were postponed......the Met bureau indicated that there would be a window of opportunity lasting 3 days, and Eisenhower gave the go ahead......when the weather finally closed in it almost destroyed the Mulberry harbours.

That was a pretty good bit of weather predicting by all accounts.

I am told that D day stands for the day that the landings finally took place and A day was the first day of the posponement....I could be wrong, I was only 6 years old at the time, so I don't remember, and Ike never answered my emails....LOL.
    Ian.

" The extraordinary story of the changing June weather of 1944 and its influence on Gen Dwight Eisenhower revolves around the heated arguments of six weathermen.

The allies narrowly avoided postponing D-Day by a fortnight to a date when the weathermen would have given the go-ahead and the result would have been utter defeat in storm-tossed seas. No detailed account of the forecasts has been given in the media before.

Previous accounts relied on the interpretation of James Stagg, a Meteorological Office man seconded to the RAF. But he merely reported to Eisenhower the analyses of three two-man teams of forecasters from the Met Office, the United States military and the Royal Navy.

Only the Navy men, Lawrence Hogben and Geoffrey Wolfe, survive. Dr Hogben said: "We six never agreed about anything except that Stagg was not a good meteorologist and that he was a bit of a glory hound. "

Seems to me that that the six weathermen could not agree as to what the weather would be. Then someone looked out the window and stated "looks like a good time to go. " If the American weathermen had been listened to there would have been a "Utter catastrophe. Complete failure." according to Dr Hogben. So much for predicting the weather, even a few days ahead.

Larry

Hi, that's quite a bit of history....the old story of the chaos theory......."for want of a nail the shoe was lost.....and so on to the war being lost"......very medieval, when people rode horses into battle and sometimes very quickly away from it.

I wonder how Ike felt when the weather closed in again a few days later, but for Adolph that was the thin end of the wedge.

UK is renowned for lousy weather, especially Summer when you want glorious sunshine, and a couple of weeks of rain means you get 2 years of potential Winter conditions with grey skies and rain.
    Ian.

Study sees climate upside in greening arid regions

Study sees climate upside in greening arid regions

Rising carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has a "fertilization effect" on plants in arid regions that has contributed to the flourishing of foliage there, Australian researchers report.

An upside to climate change? The issue has been blamed for many problems, including more acidic oceans and rising pollen counts, but a study released Friday suggests a benefit: Arid regions are getting greener.

Satellite data since the early 1980s have shown a flourishing of foliage worldwide, and scientists have suspected this change may be due partly to the increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide, a heat-trapping greenhouse gas emitted by the burning of fossil fuels..

CO2 is plant food? I have a vague memory of that very concept from 8th grade science class. Of course that was 35 years ago. A lot has changed since then. We talked about a lot of weird **** in those days. "Responsibility, Accountability, Logic, Common Sense, Good Judgement". Crazy times!

It's called Photosynthesis in case you forgot, been going on for years. Perhaps you should have talked less philosophical topics and more about the REAL problems the world has.

Larry

Photosynthesis is the process of converting light energy to chemical energy and storing it in the bonds of sugar. This process occurs in plants and some algae (Kingdom Protista). Plants need only light energy, CO2, and H2O to make sugar. The process of photosynthesis takes place in the chloroplasts, specifically using chlorophyll, the green pigment involved in photosynthesis.
    The overall chemical reaction involved in photosynthesis is: 6CO2 + 6H2O (+ light energy) C6H12O6 + 6O2. This is the source of the O2 we breathe, and thus, a significant factor in the concerns about deforestation.

Page 441 of 460 341391431439440441442443451