586,094 active members*
3,946 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Re: Rotary Phase Converter - Deckel

Hi there,

I need help desperately!!!

I have purchased a Deckel FP41NC Milling Machine.....which was upgraded and fitted with a Heidenhein TNC 410 Controller.

A company has built a rotary phase converter...using a 11 kW - 3 phase delta 400V motor.....seeing that threephase power from the city councel is extremely expensive. We have measured the output voltage and balanced it to a perfect 3 phase 380V...using caps.

The machine starts up...the control works and it powers up fine.....when I try to reference the x,y or z-axis.....the control gives a x,y or z-axis movement detection error.

When I pruchased the machine it was connected to councel power...and it worked beautifully.....all axis's. The machine was transported by truck for approximately 60 km.

I then got another rotary phase converter from another company...and got the exact same thing.

I saw the later of the two rotary phase converters - pulling two manual machines...one lathe and one milling machine.....the two machines drew 16amps and the converter pulled them with no hastle.

Seeing that my machine is rated to 16amps and 30 kva 380V - 3 phase....I thought that this converter will handle the load - hands down.

The later of the two rotary converters....was rated to give 30 kva 400v and could run continiously at 22 amps....I though hey....here is the answer.

Both rotary phase converters did the same thing....when the power was switched on - on the control...a contactor pulled in - as soon as I wanted to reference any one of the three axis's - the contactor would simply release and the error came up...as mentioned earlier.

My question is this....can the machine run on a rotary phase converter....or is the machine stuffed?

Please help me.

Kind Regards.

T_Rex

Are the servo's fed from 3 phase source or across two phases.
    Where possible it will help to wire or connect the controller and any circuitry fed from across two of the original phase, or is of single phase requirement loads, across the main two legs feeding the RPC.
    IOW keep the lowest load possible on the artificial leg.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.