Greetings from North Georgia! This is my first CNC Router build and like Jake I started off designing this in Fusion 360 around Jan 2019 and was the first of April when I pulled the trigger and began to purchase steel and components. This build is not as heavy duty as Jake's as I had some design limitations due to a number of things like garage door frame width is 6' in my basement shop and the landscape of my house is on a very steep hill (aka North Georgia mountains). If I every need to move this machine out of here, I needed to make sure I could dis-assemble it

I wanted to be able to do cabinet panels, 3D and rotary work with 12" of bridge clearance and handle a 4'x8' sheet of plywood. So, I'll start off with some of the specs:

All axis are 25mm guide rails
X and Y axis are rack and pinion
Z axis is 16mm rolled ball screw 5mm pitch

X and Y axis are NEMA 34-12.5N closed loop stepper motors
Z axis is NEMA 34-8.5 closed loop stepper motor
Coming soon - Rotary axis is NEMA 34-8.5 closed loop stepper motor

Spindle is 3.2kw ER20 water cooled spindle /w 4kw VFD

UCCNC Controller Software
AXBB-E Ethernet Motion Controller
UCSB single port breakout board

I completed my build minus a few minor details like nice cover for the ends of tubing, paint touch ups and locking the controller cabinet doors just before this last Christmas. I purchased Vectric v-Carve Pro to start with and they had the 12 days of Christmas designs and I did a few of these that happened to be the first real parts that I cut! I'll start my build log here first with some pictures of the finished CNC router and then continue with the progression of my build from start to finish.

The last picture I had the whole family (grand kids too!) in the workshop to watch the first part being cut out.