586,452 active members*
2,986 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 17 of 40 7151617181927
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalid View Post
    Today I recieved wooden stock Dia 3"- 2ft and 2.5ft long. So a lot of 4th axis work will be happen next few days, hope I will destroy one or two in experimenting, the rest will be stored in the history of wood work
    Hi Khalid. Now that you have a rotary axis you might want to take a look at my indexer wizards for Mach3.

http://www.wizardsbyrich.embarqspace.com/

Please let me know what you think of them.

Quote Originally Posted by rgoldner View Post
    Hi Khalid. Now that you have a rotary axis you might want to take a look at my indexer wizards for Mach3.

http://www.wizardsbyrich.embarqspace.com/

Please let me know what you think of them.
    Rgoldner Thanks for sharing info of your superb and userfreindly program. Basically I am the first who posted in your thread when you launch this great program. At that time you only have developed two wizards.

My aim is to make 3D relief work on my 4th axis. However, I will try some spirals and rope designs too.

Again thanks
    Best regards

Rgoldner Thanks for sharing info of your superb and userfreindly program. Basically I am the first who posted in your thread when you launch this great program. At that time you only have developed two wizards.

My aim is to make 3D relief work on my 4th axis. However, I will try some spirals and rope designs too.

Again thanks
    Best regards
    My wrap wizard will allow a 3D relief gcode (or any other gcode) that would normally carve on a flat surface to be wrapped around a cylinder.

Wow I didn't see a single work of such relief work on your website. If this is what u say, it will be great addition... Now tell me,Are you talking about WRAPPER?? The software is great but fail to generate rotary Gcode, if the no of lines exceeded 20,000...If you can work on it to make it fast, no doubt it will be a super dupper software...

Your wizards are very simple and userfriendly but limited. This wizard will not fulfill my requirments... I am gonna see reall 3D work....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails legs.jpg  

Wow I didn't see a single work of such relief work on your website. If this is what u say, it will be great addition... Now tell me,Are you talking about WRAPPER?? The software is great but fail to generate rotary Gcode, if the no of lines exceeded 20,000...If you can work on it to make it fast, no doubt it will be a super dupper software...

Basically I do relief work in ArtCam and some time I use 3D Studio Max.. Your wizards are very simple and userfriendly but limited. This wizard will not fulfill my requirments... I am gonna see reall 3D work....
    Not wrapper, but my wizard called wrap. On the website it showed text wrapped around a cylinder. The text was created by VCarvePro for a normal flat XY panel. The wrap wizard swapped the Y for the A axis. So any gcode written for the XY axis will wrap around the A axis. I did try the wizard with a model from VectorArt 3D (www.vectorart3d.com) and it worked as I expected wrapping the 3D relief model around the A axis. The wizard is dependant on the user running Mach3. Also, it doesn't modify the gcode, it actually swaps the axes internally to mach3. Therefore, there is zero time changing the gcode.

No doubt you have done great work on your wizard, but again I don't only restrict myself to cylindrical objects. I want to do Corbels, statues etc.. And most of my design encompassess irregular shapes...

I am thankful to u for posting in this thread. And I will happy if you give us inspirations and keep posting here.

Installed the 4th axis Modular Card..Thanks EMMKAY (You are really the best)...Routed all electrical wiring and tested it through Mach3... It runs fine...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Install motor wiring.jpg   controller box.jpg  

No worries Khalid, just keep up the good work ! it is a visual orgasm looking at the work and progress you are making with your set up!

Hi EMMKAY .. Nice to See you here... I am happy, under your guidance we will be able to make 5-axis machine... No doubt your controllers are super duper ...They put lot of torque in tiny steppers.... Thanks for mental/physical help...

And Don't forget to vote me in the following thread
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...t=63786&page=5

EMMKAY...I am online on MSN messenger

Khalid - where I grew up, we would have said "That guy must be a farmer". This is a great compliment, as these are people who seem to be able to build and fix anything.

harryn You are right..there are lot of CNC gurus at this great Forum (Thanks to the admin of this forum)who are continuously helping us... You are one of those who always motivate others..thanks

So here is my First 4th axis part Don't know what's this ...Material is Polyurethane Foam... You can see my first 3D part in inintial post in this thread, it was also non-recognisable...

However I took plunge and will keep on toward betterment...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00040.JPG  

thats nice for the first try. really nice

Thanks Irfan...I don't know where you found beauty in above part

beauty is not the part - but in your effort Khalid!

Wow.. Quote of the day.. Nice saying man.... Thanks again.... Hope I will post some serious work soon...

Some progress yesterday...Here is the rough operation of Egg-grapes part. The job is incomplete...I have just checked whether my small 4th axis motor can hold the cutting forces/Torque on the wood!!! or not ... Need some more optimization... However so far, results are good... I think so....:rainfro:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grapes(2).jpg   right toolpath.jpg   DSC00045.JPG   DSC00047.JPG  

DSC00048.JPG   DSC00049.JPG  

Khalid - chk the tolerance while programming the toolpath, different tolerances give different finish on the cut part. May be u already know this - but just my 2c

RGDS
    Irfan

Yaa Irfan.. the wider the tolerance the worse may be the finish, the less time it will take to machine.. The closer the tolerance the great finsih the more time it take... Tolerance are optimized considering the accuracy and repeatability of ur machine...

Second think is the 'Stepover' its the same effect as tolerances...Still I am just in learning phases especially the Rotary toolpath.....

In above toolpath I just did 'ROUGH MACHINING' with end mill ...I still have to do 'FINISH MACHINING' with ball nose tool.. With alone rough machining operation the finish can't be achieved..

The Tailstock is just hold on the table by Two Sided Tape alone Isn't amazing

Page 17 of 40 7151617181927