Hi,

I have done a good amount of 3d printing, and it is getting kind of boring. I want to build a CNC mill, because I like building not buying, but I am kind of lost. I know I need stepper motors, linear rails, leads screw, etc., but I am confused about the electronics + coding. Can someone tell me how all the electronics and coding work. Is it Arduino that sending signals to stepper drivers, then steppers, or is there a board with drivers built in were the "code" goes to? I want to use the best quality I can, so if Arduino is not good enough, can someone tell me what is? Does the code go straight from Mach 4 to the board or is there another code in the board( beside Mach 4) that accepts the Gcode from Mach 4. If so, what code? Also, do tool paths from Fusion 360 go to Mach 4 then said board? I would be great if someone could possible lay everything out. Also, what spindle(not crazy expensive) should I get for mostly aluminum, but some harder materials. I do not want to have to use coolant for anything. Also I want the spindle that accepts ER collets with that quick release mechanism. Thanks