586,379 active members*
3,519 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Designing a new router called Brevis-HD
Page 47 of 49 374546474849

Re: Designing a new router called Brevis-HD

Evening All - 2022-12-12 - Scoots delivery day - Well today was unusual. We had planned to calibrate, true and tram Matts Scoot, then do some Fusion tutorial work and tidy a couple of things in preparation for the delivery. But Matt forgot his computer and I had the day free so we decided to break Scoot down and deliver today! We had planned to get two others for the lift and do it all in one piece. But the breakdown didn't take long and I'm sure the rebuild will be quick sticks...

So Scoot #3 is in its new home. Matt will re-connect everything then I do some training and he's well on his CNC way... Been a great experience from my side and
    Matt is a happy chappy.

So I start the Scoot #4 build asap. I'm going to build an aluminium bench this time and use my friends TIG or I'll bolt it together. Cost them out and see how to go. Peter

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Hi Loren - I'll look into that. Towel rail bracket hot off the press. Peter
    Just missing the custom chain, you could get creative and make some chain out of wood also, cool idea though is that a standard rail you can buy
    Mactec54

Yes - the rail is from Bunnings a local OZ large hardware "chain" The bracket will be painted red. Maybe make some sprockets and chains from ply for the drive of the next machine....Peter

Just got a note from Matt- he stayed up late and his Scoot is now fully functional and he's back doing Fusion tuts...

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Yes - the rail is from Bunnings a local OZ large hardware "chain" The bracket will be painted red. Maybe make some sprockets and chains from ply for the drive of the next machine....Peter

Just got a note from Matt- he stayed up late and his Scoot is now fully functional and he's back doing Fusion tuts...
    I saw the photos of Matts machine did not look so good on that stand; does he plan to do some work to the base.
    Mactec54

Hi Mactec - It's his build so he has to be happy with what he's done and learn along the way. I could only guide him on various aspects. Peter

Hi All & its nearly Ho Ho Ho time! Todays job was making a mirror mount replacement for a friend. He has a toyota van with a rear mirror mount but no mirror and my mount is broken. He has a rear vision camera so is happy to give me the bracket. I got quotes for the bracket from Toyota and they were more than $200AUD! Anyhow I designed the part and made a timber profile first to check it fits in the gasket, which it did. So I got out some plastic billet I made some 16 years ago that's been sitting around and set it up. Its a blend of PETe fibres and epoxy, machines really well. So he gets an early Xmas present and I get a mirror bracket! Peter

This has given me an idea for making fibreglass parts that need machining. I can insert the PETE mat at the machining areas and then back it with an FG or CF during moulding. Then I have a machining friendly surface to deal with out of the mould...

Hi all- Heres a video of the finishing cut - Peter

https://www.facebook.com/ScootCNC/vi...37294976785435

Very nice result.

Hi All - I've finished the mirror mount and the small Xmas tree. Nearly all small Xmas jobs are now done. I have figured in my mind how to machine Frankies gantry so need to organise that for real now. I've been asked to make a couple of Adirondack chairs so that will be top of the list in 2023... plus get Scoot#4 built. I brought Brevis home to day to play with its UCCNC laser module. All go here! Peter

Hi All - Got the dummy part mounted on friends truck and rewired the laser so it works.... now to play with UCCNC laser a bit more. Nearly Xmas time! Peter

Merry Christmas All - Ho Ho Ho Peter

Merry Christmas Eve - I'm setting up Frankie's gantry to machine and decided to check its level. Hmmm chasing a few 1/10's here and there.... May have to plane it...Peter

Hi All - Yes I did plane it then made the gantry. The gantry is now finished and I'm wiring Frankie to bring that story to a close.

Morning All - Yesterday I went north and spent some time with Matt. Owner/builder of Scoot#4. We checked square and tram and worked though some of his operational questions. We also did some Fusion360 tuts and I'm surprised how far he's come in a few weeks from zero CAD/CAM experience to making lots of sawdust. I think its because of Fusions integrated workflow and its simpler CAD philosophy is helpful. He's now working on dust control.

So BrevisHD/Yag/Scoot has gone from napkin to reach full commercial reality. Very pleased with its current state. Scoot#5 will refine a couple of parts to make assembly easier, generally moving/adding a few holes for better access and that's it for a while. I'll also design a steel twin bench I think, that will simplify that as well. So this thread maybe getting to its end.... Started Jan 2022 now Jan 2023....Peter

https://www.facebook.com/ScootCNC/vi...9234539043493/

Hi All - Does anyone have a propellor tool? Peter

https://youtu.be/i1doGmwe_04

Hi All and Sundry - I have two small CNCs called Brevis 1 and Brevis 2. B1 has a small router and laser on it and B2 is being rebuilt. I was going to turn B2 into a 3D printer but I thought it would be more fun to make a chocolate extruder/printer. The printer build is to trial the printer motherboard system. I have found a guy who makes printers and routers that uses the BTT SKR motherboard so I shall go the BTT route vs the Duet3D route. BTT is cheaper and has more features and runs on Marlin or Clipper. Both have input shaping. Once I get into this I may start the build as a separate thread. If that comes together then the BTT boards are the future std boards to use on all my machines. Peter

Very interesting. Just to clarify, you are outputting to external drivers and not the ones onboard? I definitely like BTT stuff. Have them running a couples printers in both Marlin and Clipper.

Hi jack - No the BTT boards can control external drivers but I'm intending using plug in drivers to keep it simple. BTT TMC5160 Pro 60V 3A drivers... Do you have a Klipper for absolute absolute newbies? Can you run Klipper on a windows machine vs linux? The printer stuff is a whole new language & universe for me.. Peter

There are builds that utilize klipper on both linux and windows however by far most people use a Raspberry Pi and as a first install I would recommend you do the same. Youtube streamer Nero 3d is probably the best resource. He has a few video's showing how to install klipper on a pi and preparing the ADXL345 Pi zero combination for input shapping. If you are used to configuring and compling firmware you'll do ok. It's a lot easier these days than 10 years ago. I did find a klipper distro for cnc which is very exciting. 3d printing control software has so much to offer.

Hi Jack - I want to use a BTT SKR or probably an Octopus. They don't use a Raspberry. Total newby to config and compiling firmware, unless that's typing punch cards and using a compiler? 3D printing stuff is well ahead of cnc stuff. Peter

Page 47 of 49 374546474849