Hi All,

I am a high school woodshop teacher in Central New Jersey. We are looking to purchase a CNC for our shop/classroom. Our budget is 20K and must include everything we need to get started. I’ve done a bunch of research, but the more research I do, the less confident I get with the decision.

There are 2 things that are very important 1) Quality of the machine. The machine must be built to last and be able to stand up to the wear and tear of daily student abuse. 2) Customer support. I’ve never used a CNC machine before, and I’m going to need all the help I can get.

I’ve narrowed it down to 3 different Machines all would come with Vetric Aspire.

1) Legacy Maverick 36” x 60” $19, 561 water cooled 3HP Spindle Comes with t Track and Clamp set and a Router Bit Set

2) Shopsabre 23 30”x 40” $18,234 air cooled 2.2 HP spindle, Laser Engraver, Vacuum hold down system, bit set, Phenolic table top upgrade

3) Camaster Stinger SR-24 25” x 48” $15,765 air cooled 2.27 HP spindle, Laser Engraver, Fast Tool Change kit w/ Laser cross hair, vacuum hold down system

When I put the Legacy up against the other 2 it looks like a much better machine, bigger cutting area, water cooled spindle vs. air cooled, etc. However, I am concerned about their post purchase assistance. If anyone has any input, opinions, or resources, it would be greatly appreciated.