hey guys,

I'm helping out a friend that has a manual machine shop with this 30 years old CNC mill that sits there unused for since he has bought the shop. The reason behind it being unused is that Anilam Crusader M crt has burned and there was no way to CNC on it. He was thinking about selling it to scrap when I met him and I suggested him I can help him convert it to modern electronics and make it usable. I have IT background and worked as ATM repair tech for 7 years so I get the basic ideas. First I tried to convert signal coming from CRT with 8220 board to VGA signal, and with limited success, I've actually got the control show up on the screen for a few seconds but it was distorted and my final conclusion was that the signal that comes from the machine is below 15kHz and the 8220 can take only above frequencies. After further examining the controller electronics I've noticed boards have been reworked a few times and size of the memory is lackey for any serious job, as well as means to deliver the G code to an actual machine. After consulting him , we agreed for him to order Acorn CNC controller and if we can get the spindle to run with Acorn, then next step would be to order Clearpath Nema 34 size servos of a similar power to existing DC motors that was suggested to me by Tecnik engineer.

Now, for those of you that had done this kind or similar conversions, can you please identify from the photo attached what I'm looking at and can I reuse old power supply , relays and VFD (if there is such a thing here) for the spindle and some of the electronics? The controller is Anilam crusader M series. Any help or info is greatly appreciated