586,485 active members*
2,188 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc Om How to change direction for x axis home.

Fanuc Om How to change direction for x axis home.

Ive just brought a 2nd hand milling machine. Everything works fine except when i try move the machine on x axis in the negative direction the numbers and the machine move in the positive direction.
    Ive changed Revx the numbers now move the right way but the machine still moves the wrong direction.
    If i change parameter 8122 to -111 from 111 everything works psrfectly except when i press the home button the x axis now moves.the wrong way.
    Can anyone help me with what else i need to change to make the x axis travel the correct way to home?

Re: Fanuc Om How to change direction for x axis home.

Sounds like someone rewired the switches on the control panel. Unless it's a membrane type panel, look in back at the switches and see if it looks like they've been monkeyed with.

I've never heard of a "home" button. Do you mean +X while the mode switch is at zero return?

I think there is either a parameter or machine builder data setting that selects what button is used for zero returning the machine. Still it would be proper that the X.Y and Z all were labeled the same.

Changing the direction of rotation parameter was a good idea, but too bad it didn't completely fix things.

Maybe you have an encoder wired incorrectly.

0003#0 to #3 ZM* (X to 4) The direction of a reference position return and initial direction are positive/negative.

Tell me if your X and Y motor
    Is connected to one servo drive
    Or 2

Ive tried this but still moved the wrong way. This parameter will need to be changed though. I did try switching the z and y. They both still moved the same way but went past home and came back to it.

I have an O-t as well. They both have a rotary switch to toggle the mode to zero return. On the O-t I have to press x+ and z+ to send it home. The O-m I can hold the + button and send it home. But it has a button that homes all axis. Thinking maybe theres a diagnostic parameter that needs changing that's related to that button

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    0003#0 to #3 ZM* (X to 4) The direction of a reference position return and initial direction are positive/negative.
    Hopefully this post is still a live.

My new second hand machine has X and Y moving in the wrong direction. Table toward the door and table left is +ve.

It has home switches at the + ends. Table moves +ve, hits the LS rail, travels slowly for 50 mm (rail length) and then stops to set home.

If I swap encoder direction and 0003#0 to a 1, do you think it will still work ? I presume the slow and stop is a ladder function which now may not work.

Hi
    I have a problem with a Fanc O-M controller:
    When I press home buttons of x/y/z axis they go to zero/home position bt the position after reset going in mins, I have tryed to change the 111 to -111 bt then home position goes in the wrong way.
    How can I rotate the position and change the direction?