586,103 active members*
3,776 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

The next "GREAT AUSSIE BBQ" 17th July

Due to the success of "The great Aussie BBQ" we will be having another one in 3 months time.

Date: Saturday 17th July 12PM Start.

Venue: My place in Donvale Melbourne

Bring: Meat for cooking, drinks, salad, photos of your CNC machine, software, items of interest, a friend interested in CNC etc.

Please post your intention to come, ASAP. This will generate further responces, and give me an idea of numbers.

Here is a picture from our last BBQ.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bbq2004.jpg  

It's great that it was a success. I think it would be good to have a contest of name and face matching. Post the names of the 6 individuals there and we will take a stab at getting the names to the faces.
    Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

I certainly intend coming along, I also have a friend who is underway with a small cnc router, I'll invite him along as well. I'll keep in touch and let you know what the plan will be a bit closer to the time.
    Cheers
    Splint

Bugger,

I live in NSW, maybe I can organise a businness trip down there, do you think the tax department will accept a BBQ as a valid reason,mmmmm, I don't think little johnny is that open minded. Is anyone coming up for national manufacturing week, maybe we can organise a drinky session one evening.

Comments please and I'll try to organise something.
    "A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Count me in guys and any girls that may attend.

Mike

Can I supply some CNCzone hats to block the sun from your brow?

Can I supply some CNCzone hats to block the sun from your brow?
    That would be good, even thought by that stage it will be our winter.

How much are they? Maybe I should order 10 hats and onsell them on the day at cost. I dont want to be stuck with lots of hats though. Maybe if those who are coming to the BBQ will also regester an interest in also buying a hat. That would make a good photo. The reach of the CNC Zone all the way to Australia with the team here wearing the hats.

By the way guys, If you could regester your intent to come as soon as possible it would help others to want to come too.
    Being outside the square !!!

The hats are 17.00, I would cover the shipping on them. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...&threadid=1004

Hey brother I would love to come again, can you pencil me in at this stage? I am on dayshift on the 17th and am still trying to get someone to do a swap with me.
    I love my shift work, plenty of time at home for the wife and kids but its times like this is where its not so good.

Thanks M
    No, Little-Johnny, pomegranate is not a type of English stone.

The hats are 17.00, I would cover the shipping on them.
    I will wait until 3 weeks before the BBQ and put in an order depending on the responce.
    They can then pick up the hats from here when they come.

I have now arranged a guest speaker who will be demoing some great software on the day. All I need to do is source a loan of a video projector for the day.

Wouldn`t miss it, count me in, and thanks for the invite. Only found this site the night of the first BBQ otherwize I would have been there

I am now wondering if we should now have this BBQ.
    There doesn't seem to be a great response.
    Maybe we should just go to a pub or another venue for get together?

To all those who have responded, what do you think about a get together at a pub. Any suggestions of a good one?

Besides, the weather isn't that great for outdoor eating either.

I'am sure you'll be beating them off with a big stick come the day. Pub is fine if it's less hassel, but I know everyone would love to see your machine. Can,t belive how quick you got it up and running. i think mine is going to be a monster when it's finished. The word overkill comes to mind.

Due to a slow responce I will be postponing the BBQ.

To those 3 who did respond I will organize a get together for us in the next week or so.
    We can meet at a pub. Maybe the Cherry Hill Hotel in Templestowe. We can make a meal of it.

Sorry to let you guys down.

I just had a PM from Paul ( CNCadmin ) He has sent me the money to shout the first round of beers for when we do meet together.

Thank Paul, we will make a toast to you on the day

Thanks mates, wish I was their with you all. But I hate spiders, I saw a show on spiders and you guy's down under have some big nasty ones. I forgot the name of them. Have fun guy's.

Are these the spiders you were talknig about?
    They are know as Red back spiders.

packs of these have been known to reduce a man to a pile of liquid pulp within hours. The venom breaks down flesh into liquid within an hour. The liquid is then eaten by the spiders.

They then lay eggs in what they dont eat.

If left unchecked, two spiders can bread 10,000 more within two weeks.

These spiders are very curious to scientists because these are the only spiders that activley seek out very large victims.

Unlike other spiders that will only eat what they can catch in a web.

One farmer had more than a hundred cows killed in one night by these pack spiders.

Of recent these spiders are encroaching on built up cities. Most insecticides have little effect on them due to their large size.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that these spiders are very intelegent too. They have been known to knaw their way through timber doors in order to get to their sleeping human victims.

One bite will paralize the victim within 30 seconds, leaving them totally concious while they immediately start to eat them. Victims have been known to be still alive for up to an hour while having their bodys decay around them. The pain can be felt by the victim the whole time.

You dont even want to know about Funnel web spiders.

Maybe I should get a job writing childrens novels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails red_back_orig.jpg  

*blush* damn I will be in Japan, Ynneb. Thank you for the open invitation. I wish you a great BBQ, I am sure the behaviour will be c-c-civilised and your guests will be c-c-considerate. Omedetto gozaimasu. Regards from Terrence,
    c-c-cncboy

Hi Ynneb,

The cherry sounds great. I can stagger to the inlaws house from there and give them some verbal abuse if I have too much. Actually, they should probably be expecting me then.

Would it be better to make it after work one night instead of the weekend?

Any particular date in mind?

Michael

Benny I have just seen the thread. Can you please ad my name to the list of people for a get together.

Paul

Page 1 of 2 12