586,103 active members*
3,859 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

where do you all get your supplies at?

I am currently shopping for a supplier for 1 1/4 X .250 wall DOM tubing for a reasonable price. Currently paying over 80 for a 96" piece which I consider WAY too high. At most it should be 4 maybe 5 a Ft...

so no one huh?.....(nuts)

Actually $80 seems like a pretty good price. I paid $53 for a 4 foot peice about a month ago for a tractor project I'm working on.

Are you getting that online or a local steel place?

Quote Originally Posted by cjdavis618 View Post
    Actually $80 seems like a pretty good price. I paid $53 for a 4 foot peice about a month ago for a tractor project I'm working on.

Are you getting that online or a local steel place?

If you don't mind, could you either pm or post that website. I need to order more soon and always order other metals as well.

Mine come from ww.onlinemetals.com . Good customer support and nice selection. I also love their materials guide. They also seem to be cheaper than www.metalsdepot.com most of the time, however the depot seems to have larger dimensional selection of each material. how do the prices at onlinemetals look? They are comparible with local hardware stores, so I figured it wouldn't get much cheaper without getting from a real local metals supplier / creator.

Crap. I forgot about www.globaltecheng.com . They have a pretty good selection of round pipe and tubing, but at VERY low prices, since they seem to focus on a smaller range of product, and especially that they sell in larger quantities. The first online places probably chrge a slight premium for selling in such small quantities.

That last site I posted is a pain to navigate. They have an online store / catalog that works well and everything, but I honestly cannot find it. I used to just get to it from a link I had bookmarked, but my HD died, so now I can't find how to get back to that page, heh. I do remember having to take some around-the-back entrance to it, heh.

Also, onlinemetals gives you a decent discount I think on orders for 100 or more.