So let me start off by saying I'm 100% new to CNC, I've done some machining on some manual machines (Lathes and Mills) but I know about enough to make me dangerous lol. I'm thinking about getting a CNC Router from Inventables the 1000mm X-Carve specifically, I know this machine is light duty and can't really hold very tight tolerances but I'm wondering if it can even do the work I'm wanting to try and do. I'm wanting to machine cast acrylic, machining channels for the wires and water flow for cooling and the o-ring grooves needed to make everything seal up properly.

What kinda of tolerances can something like this even hold? I'm not worried about the speed of the process as I wont be selling anything so if it takes a while to cut stuff that's fine. It'll mostly be used for the acrylic and some thin aluminum mostly just drilling holes in the aluminum and maybe some grooves for airflow.

So am I way out of line thinking I can get something like this to work for what I want? If there is a better machine I don't mind spending more but don't want to go crazy with something that costs 10k lol. I attached a pic of a manufactured case that is similar to what I want to try and do.

Thanks!
Jake