586,443 active members*
3,171 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > apparently confused about work vs tool offsets
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: apparently confused about work vs tool offsets

Youdaman! The second code worked great!

Now I need to figure out if my machine has spare M codes to run a rotary axis indexer that has its own controller. Ideas there? I think I need to use the ladder and find it that way but haven't learned how to read the ladder yet.

I would first pay attention to what the Operations Manual of the Indexer says.

M10 and M11 typically clamp and unclamp a rotary table. Not sure if needed for your self controlled device.

There is little in the ladder that is going to help you. Unless you have the equipment and skills to change the ladder, I wouldn't waste my time. Your Manuals supplied by the Machine Builder is your best bet to find M and G codes.

Look in your parameter manual and study up on the parameters starting at 6000. Specifically 6050-6089. Most if not all Fanuc controls have the ability for you to create custom programs or Macros that are called buy G or M codes of your choosing. That is as long as they're not used somewhere else. You create your program, store it on the machine, then set the parameter to whatever G or M code you want. You'll see what I mean when you read the book. Once you have it configured, you call your special programs/macros with the selected G or M code just like you would anywhere else.

I mention this functionality because you might be able to use it to help control your Indexer in concert with the control that came with it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_gentlegiant View Post
    I would first pay attention to what the Operations Manual of the Indexer says.

M10 and M11 typically clamp and unclamp a rotary table. Not sure if needed for your self controlled device.

There is little in the ladder that is going to help you. Unless you have the equipment and skills to change the ladder, I wouldn't waste my time. Your Manuals supplied by the Machine Builder is your best bet to find M and G codes.

Look in your parameter manual and study up on the parameters starting at 6000. Specifically 6050-6089. Most if not all Fanuc controls have the ability for you to create custom programs or Macros that are called buy G or M codes of your choosing. That is as long as they're not used somewhere else. You create your program, store it on the machine, then set the parameter to whatever G or M code you want. You'll see what I mean when you read the book. Once you have it configured, you call your special programs/macros with the selected G or M code just like you would anywhere else.

I mention this functionality because you might be able to use it to help control your Indexer in concert with the control that came with it.
    Ok thanks, let me look.

Page 2 of 2 12