586,114 active members*
3,004 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > Sprut cam training
Page 2 of 2 12
    I've got to throw my opinion into the mix as well. I've been a professional Software Engineer for the past 12 years, and I was a CAD technician for 6 years prior to that, so computer savvy is not something I lack. SprutCAM 2007 is one of the least intuitive software products I have ever used. Even when I manage to get it to do something right, I'll turn around minutes later and run the same simulation, having made no changes whatsoever and I won't get the same result. The tutorials don't match up with the software, nor do they work. I also purchased it bundled with my a Tormach and was counting on the Tormach folks to recommend a decent product, particularly since they turned their noses up at MasterCam when I was asking about it's compatability. Don't waste your money on the product.

As someone who was on a shoestring budget to begin with, SprutCam has really been a kick in the crotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairns View Post
    I've got to throw my opinion into the mix as well. I've been a professional Software Engineer for the past 12 years, and I was a CAD technician for 6 years prior to that, so computer savvy is not something I lack. SprutCAM 2007 is one of the least intuitive software products I have ever used. Even when I manage to get it to do something right, I'll turn around minutes later and run the same simulation, having made no changes whatsoever and I won't get the same result. The tutorials don't match up with the software, nor do they work. I also purchased it bundled with my a Tormach and was counting on the Tormach folks to recommend a decent product, particularly since they turned their noses up at MasterCam when I was asking about it's compatability. Don't waste your money on the product.

As someone who was on a shoestring budget to begin with, SprutCam has really been a kick in the crotch.
    As a follow up, and after taking a step away from the keyboard for a bit. I'm finally able to get the SprutCam forums to respond and it looks like there is a good deal of help available there. I'm now a little more optimistic that I might not have pissed away a grand on software that I won't use. It sounds like there are people successfully using the code with my identical setup.

Cairns,

Tormach recently announced someone to handle in-house support for SprutCAM. See the Yahoo Tormach group for more info. It seems to be just email support now but maybe they can be encouraged to create a Tormach-SprutCAM support forum.

Mike

Page 2 of 2 12