586,102 active members*
2,620 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > Demoing SprutCAM

Demoing SprutCAM

Hi, I'm thinking of purchasing a Tormach, and the word is that bundling SprutCAM with it gets you a very impressive set of features for the price.

Part of the deal, however, is that Tormach doesn't provide technical support for SprutCAM, so I was looking into evaluating a demo copy before purchasing. Tormach has the demo program at https://web.mail.sc.edu/exchweb/bin/...2007_Downloads but they said they don't provide the password/key to use it.

The send password by email feature doesn't work correctly on this machine, so I just sent an email to SprutCAM directly ([email protected]) with all the requisite registration info. That was last Wednesday (actually, I sent them a message via their website last Tuesday as well), and I haven't heard a peep back from them since.

Any idea what gives? Do I just need to be more patient, try again, or talk to somebody else?

It does seem to take a few days at times to get a response from Sprut. Rumor has it that they are planning another minor upgrade for next week so they could be a little busy right now.

There is also a link on that web site to the SprutCAM user forum, which is actually based in the UK and seems to be run by their UK re-seller. There is some useful info to be had there by browsing through past posts.

Mike

The UK's reseller knows his stuff about Sprut, so if you have any problems he'll normally either know or try to find a response from Sprut directly. It's nice when people are actually good at their jobs!

As for the delay in comms, I think Sprut are based out in the sticks a little bit, so the internet infrastructure's not always up to scratch there. We've had delays with them but when they do reply they're always helpful. They haven't ignored you, don't worry =)

All right, while I wasn't able to get the send password by email button to work correctly (due to my email client, not SprutCAM), I was able to extract some information out of it and use that to write my own email. This seemed to work as I got a response this morning.

Thanks for the replies.

Smile SPRUT CAM DEMO

YOU CAN NOW DOWNLOAD THE SPRUT CAM DEMO FROM THE TORMACH WEB SITE. HAVE DONE SO HAVEN'T WORKED WITH IT MUCH YET......