586,058 active members*
4,208 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Boss vs Rabbit

Hi,
    I got interested in lasers from Glowforge, but wanted a sm. biz machine rather than hobby. I understand the difference of a metal/ceramic or all ceramic vs glasstube but cannot afford Epilog, Universal or Trotec. I am not interested in doing a direct China import. Basically want a Chinese machine with improvements and American support. Competitors and forums say stay away from FSLaser because if support, so it comes down to Rabbit or Boss. More or less same machines, Rabbit less $, but I heard since it's a one man show, support sometimes can be lacking, haven't heard anything bad about Boss, looking for something bigger than desktop, but not huge, maybe 2'x1.5' or 2'x3', 80-100W, pass thru. Any opinions from owners would be helpful and maybe suggestions of a brand I didn't consider in those guidelines. Thanks.

Re: Boss vs Rabbit

I bought mine from here and they helped when I had a fan go out. They shipped the fan out the same day. I only had to wait 5 days to get the laser and that included a weekend. I would highly recommend them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RECI-130W-C...item2cd681ed10

Re: Boss vs Rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by joegambler0 View Post
    Hi,
    I got interested in lasers from Glowforge, but wanted a sm. biz machine rather than hobby. I understand the difference of a metal/ceramic or all ceramic vs glasstube but cannot afford Epilog, Universal or Trotec. I am not interested in doing a direct China import. Basically want a Chinese machine with improvements and American support. Competitors and forums say stay away from FSLaser because if support, so it comes down to Rabbit or Boss. More or less same machines, Rabbit less $, but I heard since it's a one man show, support sometimes can be lacking, haven't heard anything bad about Boss, looking for something bigger than desktop, but not huge, maybe 2'x1.5' or 2'x3', 80-100W, pass thru. Any opinions from owners would be helpful and maybe suggestions of a brand I didn't consider in those guidelines. Thanks.
    Take a look at Thunderlaser USA. It's a Chinese laser but has good US-based support. I bought their Nova 24 laser with 60 watt tube and it's worked quite well for me over the past 2-1/2 years. They have a FB group that has been generating good activity lately and the US seller is active there.

Quality Engraving and Laser Etching Machines by Thunder Laser USA

Mike