Hello, I'm very new to the CNC world, I recently acquired a large CNC router which is quite old. I know it all works because I have some software which came with it and I'm able to drive the motors and even run Gcode.

The problem is, I'd like to use Mach3 (primarily because I want to use a newer PC), but I have no idea what the pin settings are suppose to be!! The software which came with the CNC is **very** basic and doesn't have any settings or configuration files which might suggest which pins do what on the parallel cable. Worse yet, I believe the controller board has been replaced from the original, so even if I had the manual it wouldn't help.

I have tried using a port monitor but the results I'm getting don't make sense to me, for instance, when I move in the X+ axis, I'm expecting to see one of the pins light up with activity, but that doesn't happen...But I'm still learning so maybe I've got it wrong??

I'm hoping someone might know of a way I can determine what my settings in Mach3, or any other program for that matter, should be? Is there a series of tests I can do to figure it out?

Thank you!