586,058 active members*
3,448 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > VCarve Pro Version 4 Released

VCarve Pro Version 4 Released

The Vectric Team are very pleased announce the release of VCarve Pro Version 4.0. This release includes new and improved design, layout and machining functionality. We have extended the superb decorative carving abilities of Version 3 by adding industrial strength production capabilities. The new version provides all the tools and flexibility demanded by commercial shops and users, while remaining incredibly easy to use.

• Image Tracing / Vectorization - Import and Machine raster images in seconds
    • Powerful Profile & Raster Machining options - Reduced cutter wear & improved edge quality due to the addition of lead in/out and ramping.
    • New Drawing and Layout Tools - More flexibility with Layers, Wrap Text to Curve
    • Import Cut3D designs - Combine 2D & 3D projects to make fantastic products
    • New Engraving Strategies and Single Stroke Fonts - Quick and efficient engraving

Plus many more useful features and enhancements...

For more information about Version 4.0 visit the New Vectric Web site >

The New Trial Version of VCarve Pro 4 can be downloaded from New VCarve Pro 4 Trial >

Please note that the price of VCarve Pro will be raised to US$599 / €450 / £299 from the 1st August 2007.

Feedback from customers who are using Version 4.

Paul Krebs at Engraved Timber Signs, Australia is running Version 4.0 and commented,
    "VCarve Pro Version 4 has made a good program GREAT!! I love the bitmap to vector tracing - the best I've used! The new toolpath & drawing tools will save me a lot of work. Thank You for such a Fantastic Product!"

Roger Norton, Mico Engineering, Canada commented,
    "I cut large quantities of parts from aluminum and plastic and the new machining options in Version 4 have significantly reduced the production times - Saving me hours!"
    "The toolpath quality from VCarve Pro 4 is excellent and means I no longer use the 'other' CNC software products I own"
    "Thank you for a Great Upgrade!"

Jerry in Maine
    I'm an absolute newbie at signmaking and CNC in general - but yesterday I had an individual who sells firewood to toursists here in Maine ask me to make him a rustic style sign pointing to his woodshed. In 10 minutes of design time I had a sign that he was thrilled with. He's has a sawmill and paid me in 6' long x 1" thick solid Oak planks!

I just wish my CNC machine would cut as fast as V-Carve allows me to design!

Magnus Bondesson owner of Designs by Bond in Sweden has been using Carve Pro to engrave unique, high quality signs and components for his clients. He recently upgraded to version 4 and used the new software to design and carve the stunning Commemorative Wedding Plaque shown below for family friends. Version 4.0 allowed him to combine 3D toolpaths for the 3d clipart machined in Cut3D inside a decorative frame designed in VCarve Pro that included raised engraved text, pocketing and profile cut out toolpaths.

Magnus commented,
    "VCarve Pro 4 now gives me the freedom to turn my ideas into truly fantastic pieces that people love. The 3D preview shows me exactly what the machine will make and it really is very easy."

The pictures below show 3D models from Cut3D imported into Version 4 projects.

Please let me know if you have any questions about Version 4 or any of the Vectric software products.

Tony Mac
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wed_sml.jpg   wed_3d.jpg   bass small.jpg   bass scene small.jpg  

deer plaque small.jpg   trout plaque small.jpg  

Tony -

I just purchased all three products. VCarve, Photo Carve and Cut3D. How do I make the 3D effect like shown in your examples?

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...3&d=1183757473

I have many DXF files as clipart and would like some of them engraved in this same manner.

BTW -
    Great products. I have only made a couple of items in the VCarve pro program and really like it. Show what I made to friends at work and a few people have asked me to do some work for them.
    Please check out my CNC blog
    http://cncinside.com

Studysession,
    That is a 3D graphic from VectorArt 3D. http://www.vectorart3d.com/store/ind...arts_50221.htm

Andy B.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Brooks View Post
    Studysession,
    That is a 3D graphic from VectorArt 3D. http://www.vectorart3d.com/store/ind...arts_50221.htm

Andy B.
    Thanks -
    I am not very artistic and was hoping could do it with the DXF files I already had. I like the looks of the 3D effect.:cheers: :wee:
    Please check out my CNC blog
    http://cncinside.com