586,094 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New US rep for Madcam

Hi folks,

I know that many may not know that Robert Schutz of Offbroadway.com passed away about a month ago. It was a shock to the Rhino community as well as to those of us who use Madcam.

About two months before Robert passed away I was talking with him on the phone about a model I was doing in Rhino. Our conversation always seemed to come around to his great video tutorials on the products he sold.
    During the course of the conversation he suggested that I become a reseller for Rhino and Madcam since I used it exclusively and could be an asset for support.

I thought about his suggestion for a few days and mentioned it to Joakim who liked the idea, but I never did anything with it. Two weeks after Robert passed I was talking with Joakim and he asked me if I would consider what Robert had suggested.

So....I am announcing today that I am becoming a reseller for Madcam. We do not have all the details worked out but are working on it.

I also want to announce I will be helping Joakim with the writing of the help files since he said all his experience in machining is mold making and sometimes he might not grasp what a customer needs in other type machining.

I would ask that any Madcam users contact me via pm here at the zone till I get a Madcam email set up. If you have suggestions as to how to make the help files better, please pass those on. If you have discovered a hidden use or machining strategy within Madcam, pass that on as well. If you have suggestions on how Madcam can be made better, pass those on as well.

I will also be available for support. If I can't help you solve your problem, I'll get it done!

I know that I will not be able to fill the shoes that Robert left empty, but I hope to help where I can.

Mike Turner
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

good luck mike
    dar