586,799 active members*
3,129 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: 5 Axis DIY

Hybrid View

Re: 5 Axis DIY

Quote Originally Posted by subnoize View Post
    Well, sorry to dash your dreams but think of it this way, I just saved you a lot of trouble and a huge amount of cash.
    You presume too much about those your correspond with- it isn't attractive, or helpful. Others have explored similar 5 axis avenues built around aluminum extrusions, with a degree of success. Mindful of material constraints, the spindle and BC axis are kept exceedingly light, delivering reasonable speeds (5Axismaker), or burden the assembly with more power (PDJ), limiting speed, as you indicated. I reckoned this circumstance was implicit in the material suggestions made in my previous post.

Never believe what somebody posts in here.
    There is plenty of good information on this venue; as with anything in life, finding value requires discernment and discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavigogun View Post
    You presume too much about those your correspond with- it isn't attractive, or helpful.
    Next time, try to google your topic first. You didn't even bother to educate yourself on the topic before you waltzed in here and started asking silly questions. We are not your personal googlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavigogun View Post
    You presume too much about those your correspond with- it isn't attractive, or helpful. Others have explored similar 5 axis avenues built around aluminum extrusions, with a degree of success. Mindful of material constraints, the spindle and BC axis are kept exceedingly light, delivering reasonable speeds (5Axismaker), or burden the assembly with more power (PDJ), limiting speed, as you indicated.
    Yeah, not going to happen. Call AvidCNC.

Hi,

Hi Gerry - F360 has 5 axis CAM? I'll have a look. Peter
    The Fusion standard subscription ($500/year) can do indexed 4th axis. If you want genuine rotary fourth axis, five axis, collision avoidance, tool path editing and all the good stuff that comes
    with Fusion Machining Extensions, an additional $1600 year.

After having done my research, despite the $1600/year price tag, Fusion's 4/5 axis etc is more than competitive with contemporary software. Autodesk came to the party with a $1200/year intro offer, so I got it.
    Still to work out all the details, particularly a 5 axis post for Mach4 but so far so good.

As has been posted already, four and five axis software is not cheap. Do your homework before you spend big dollars on your 4 & 5 axis hardware only to find you can't afford the CAM software to run it.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Do your homework before you spend big dollars on your 4 & 5 axis hardware only to find you can't afford the CAM software to run it.
    Sage advice, that.

Quote Originally Posted by subnoize View Post
    Next time, try to google your topic first.
    Your moniker is apt- I should have taken it as a warning.