I dont think these drives are completely thought through.

Anyhow, I have good position and jogging results now from Z and Y. The X axis makes a crackling(kind of like wood burning) sound when making small moves of .0001" to .001". And does not move as smooth as Z andY. When moving .0001" it sometimes takes 2 moves before table shows movement with an indicator and then will jump .0002" to .0003" . The DACs show about -70 to -80 during the move. The crackling sound also gets louder until axis table actually moves.If i turn down 'P' the sound gets quieter (same type of sound) but movement of table is still the same. When idle this motor makes more noise than the other 2.

The X axis motor was replaced last year and had a different size shaft. So wondering if something was updated/changed from the older motor and or drive. Reason i changed motor was a corner of one of the magnets inside broke off for what ever reason. Thinking about testing the old motor even tho it might be weaker now. You think there would be any issue? The piece that broke of was about 3/16 square.

Troy