Tom,
I haven't had any success with tapping and no time to work on it now. Hopefully I will be able to come up with a solution eventually.

In the meantime I have been working on getting one of my other machines setup with a automatic tool changer. For this I used the linear tool changer code provided with kmotion. It actually went quite well and after making changes to the code I have it appearing to work well for a 7 tool rack. I may have a few questions about adding some mods to the code but I believe it will work as is. The reason I'm posting is I believe I found a bug in the code that was causing my Z to crash on the first move and was at a loss. On the first XY move the code calls x and then uses the constants that are defined for x to calculate the move. It then on the next line calls z and uses the constants for y to calculate the move. Once I changed the call to y everything started working properly. Not a big deal since it only took a few hours from starting in on the code to making a successful test for 7 tool slots but it had me stumped for a minute. Thought I should make you aware if you were not already.

Thanks
Ben

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk