586,032 active members*
2,993 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

ADMIN SETTINGS BACKUP

Hi All,

I learned something valuable to me today that I wanted to share.

I have a thread under the pathpilot sub group about problems I had booting my 1100, that is now fixed, but I learned something in the process from Tormach.

Maybe it's common knowledge, but it was new to me.

If you apply pathpilot updates using a USB stick instead of direct download to the machine, the controller places a copy of the ADMIN SETTINGS BACKUP zip file on that stick.

That ended up making the repair to my machine very easy, I just reinstalled the PP v2.0 image from the Tormach stick, then applied the latest update and then ADMIN BACKUP RESTORE and I was good to go.

I realize this thread is redundant with the other one, but I wanted everyone to know about the automatic back up to the USB stick.

Terry

Re: ADMIN SETTINGS BACKUP

Glad youre up and running again Terry!

Sure would be nice if Tormach would put on a weekend help line as that seems to be when most of the Tormach guys need help......................
    mike sr

Re: ADMIN SETTINGS BACKUP

Chuckle, it sure does seem that way doesn't it! Thanks for your help.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by MFchief View Post
    Hi All,

I learned something valuable to me today that I wanted to share.

I have a thread under the pathpilot sub group about problems I had booting my 1100, that is now fixed, but I learned something in the process from Tormach.

Maybe it's common knowledge, but it was new to me.

If you apply pathpilot updates using a USB stick instead of direct download to the machine, the controller places a copy of the ADMIN SETTINGS BACKUP zip file on that stick.

That ended up making the repair to my machine very easy, I just reinstalled the PP v2.0 image from the Tormach stick, then applied the latest update and then ADMIN BACKUP RESTORE and I was good to go.

I realize this thread is redundant with the other one, but I wanted everyone to know about the automatic back up to the USB stick.

Terry
    Thanks for the tip! I normally update through the wifi, but good to have options.

Bruce