Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
Just trolling as you say (nuts)

Yaskawa are easy to repair if the boards are not too damaged I have about 50 in stock different models servo Drives plus VFD Drives
I'll pass that along to my friend. He's got two or three that have gone belly up and need repair. The panels that these were mounted in have no cooling or air filtration. We plan on fixing that.

The ugliest repair that I've done was on a Robicon that had the third snubber board short out and turn an old school 2 watt carbon resistor into a carbon arc/plasma torch, destroying it, and snubber boards 1 & 2. Punched a hole right through board #2, and melted off the traces on board #1. A bit of a rush job since it wasn't going to be all that long before about a thousand people were going to be standing around without trucks to build.

This was in the old Shreveport Truck & Bus plant and it controlled the air going into the oxidizer in the paint shop. No points for style, just get them running again. Looked like sin when I was finished, but they outlasted the new boards from Robicon (which lasted about six months before they blew up - same problem. At which point my boards were brought out of retirement and put back in service).

And as a guy who restores old Amigas, it's a rare board that is too far gone to repair...