All I ever work with is wood (may want to try some basic aluminum parts on an unpaid basis)and I generally raster finish pieces so acceleration is the most important premise.

My 6040 machine works but I do not trust that I'll be able to fix it if a bearing seizes as I get the sense some things may be "custom fit" or not readily be replaceable; therefore, I've concluded a Benchtop machine from Avid isn't a bad idea, and starting fresh with their Nema 23 package is a quick way to get everything going at a decent cost.
(Bringing in a new machine appears to be the right decision and DIY everything is too cumbersome)

The one thing I see is that the Pro model has solid aluminum X/Z axis supports and the Standard model is a mix of thin steel plates coupled with 8020 style extrusion.
Is the Standard model sufficiently ridged for woodworking from the perspective that my current 6040 suites me decently?
Will it be a step back from the 6040 machine for my applications?

I'm at the point where I don't think the extra $1200 will help me and this economy (my work is very unstable but all I got) is uncertain but I also realize some of you users might have experience that could be of potential use.

The acme drive doesn't bother me at all (less things dust can mess up and I just do wood) and less rigidity doesn't, however, I know people here have significantly more experience, and I don't want something that's extremely reliable (on spec, documented, etc) but "far worse" performance wise than the 6040 that works decently but could fail irreparably in the future.

Thank you for the time and the $0.02.