! buddy of mine told me long ago that one of the worst things for a CNC is to sit "OFF" for a length of time. Boy, no kidding! Our shop is in the process of moving, so this 1984 Mori - Seiki MV35/35 of ours sat for over 4 weeks without any attention. Long story short. (ok long) Fired it up, gave it a long warm-up cycle (about 2 hrs). Upon 1st tool change, boy red flags flyin', things seemed 3/4 speed. Stalled 1/2 way though. Had to reset. If you know these controls, it goes something like this (mechanical side): move arm and pocket back manually using hydraulic actuation, and then (brain side): flip the parameter switch in the side on the main board, set N3004 (this particular machine) bits to all 0's (returns machine to a ATC complete condition), and she's good to go!

Well, that worked, the first time. The second time things got a little more complex (that's where you folks come in).

@ the 2nd tool change attempt, it got a little farther. Double arm to tool, then nothing. Alarm light 2 and 3 on. OK - back through the normal stuff. Not working. Bummer! I spent all day checking though every condition. I found a cracked spring in one of the double arms grip interlocks. I found a loose nut on the top of the machine that keeps the arm from going down in "a not suppose to be down rotation". I found the arm up sensor out of adjustment (at this same location). And found the arm down sensor in contact in the down position.

So. Got the alarms off. But the diagnostic bits say both the arm up and the arm down sensors are on. I believe this to be the final interlock that is keeping the machine from coming back to life.

The arm down sensor seems to be the culpret. How do I set that to a off condition?

ANY input, suggestions, comments, ridicule, will be put right to use! I've been here (slept in shop)(ewe), since 6:30 am.

Thanks