I know there are lots of resources about this online I've been reading loads ever since we got the CNC in the shop but I'd love to talk about my specific situation.
I'm almost exclusively machining solid wood, which I struggle to find valuable information on, it's all metal out there!

What I'd mostly like to see is examples of feeds and speeds people are using in hard woods. I'm doing a lot of walnut right now, so that might be a good start, I'm guessing birch would be about the same speeds, I recently did white oak which was a whole other ball game so we can leave really hard stuff aside for the moment.

I have a 3hp liquid cooled spindle, I'm often cutting fairly thick parts, so my stick out length does often end up longer than the recommended 4x the tool diameter. Even when it is within the recommended tool stick out though what I often find is my cuts screech very loudly. I've read in a post somewhere someone saying they rarely needed to use ear protection when running their machine, that seems unfathomable to me.

My machine runs from 12 000 rpm to 24 000 rpm, I try to approach most of my cuts with an adaptive clearing method (fusion 360) to reduce the load on the machine.

So for instance with a 2 flute half inch end mill in walnut how would you approach a cut? I'm doing a 1/2" DOC using 25% of the end mill.

Using tool #46206k from this chart:
https://www.toolstoday.com/media/wys...-2-3-Flute.pdf

I'm using the recommended settings 18000 rpm, 200ipm, .0057" chipload. It works I do get a finished part at the end but the parts come out bumpy on the side walls and its quite loud. First off do these settings seem ok in general? Secondly, would the general approach to "loudness" be to simply reduce the ipm and rpm? In general I adjust feeds and speeds by calculating ipm based off a chosen rpm and the manufacturer recommended chipload. Does that seem correct? or should I fiddle with the chipload too?

So as well as just maybe reviewing this specific example, I'd love to see some other examples if you can tell me what type of wood you were cutting and your method and feeds and speeds, it would be really valuable to have a small bank of examples to run by. I don't have anyone in my entourage to discuss this stuff with!