586,971 active members*
2,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamWorks > contain area will not work in solidworks CAM. disables the associated operation

Hybrid View

Re: contain area will not work in solidworks CAM. disables the associated operation

No actually it looks like the attached, with the only choices being rough contour face or thread mill. I started by clicking on new 2.5 axis mill operation in the second down from the top tool bar. I'm still not sure how I stumbled on the route that gave me the option in the drop down for engrave
    See my stuff for sale at http://stores.ebay.com/Industrial-Tool-and-Machine-Works?refid=store

Re: contain area will not work in solidworks CAM. disables the associated operation

Quote Originally Posted by tom.jelly View Post
    No actually it looks like the attached, with the only choices being rough contour face or thread mill. I started by clicking on new 2.5 axis mill operation in the second down from the top tool bar. I'm still not sure how I stumbled on the route that gave me the option in the drop down for engrave
    Ahh, I see the problem. You're inserting operations, not features. CAMWorks (Solidworks CAM) has three different tabs within Solidworks that you can work within. The feature tree, the operation tree and the tools tree. You're inserting an operation directly to the operation tree without there being a feature to define what you want to do. Try going to the CAMWorks Feature tree tab and inserting a new FEATURE instead of OPERATION.

The flow in CWx or SWxC should always be from left to right starting with the Solidworks feature tree, then CWx/SWx Feature Tree, then CWx/SWxC Operation Tree. The tools tree is kind of optional. Does that make sense?

Thanks, that is the fix!
    t
    See my stuff for sale at http://stores.ebay.com/Industrial-Tool-and-Machine-Works?refid=store