Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
I remember automate having the same core machine , and at one point I talked to smithy before buying the torus . I see the model was discontinued . I remember someone else having the same , maybe it was bolton . I wonder if they'd sell parts like spindle motors to non automate owners , tormach won't sell to non owners , but I may be able to bluff a 1100 motor and say I'm modding my 440 lol .

BTW I had a brain fart when I said the ebay coupler were the same length , they aren't but they'll get me out of trouble . The ruland arrived yesterday and they'll be going on over the weekend . I am still not happy with the lack of clamp surface on the double disk vs the single but whats a guy to do , they are nice but still hard to justify the price .

I'm going to play with the setting on my z and see how far I can push this motor . The torque curves are much better than the originals from what I've seen , I may one day get that 100ipm that Kai promised
I think we are going to have to do some digging and find out exactly in China supplies these things. As for the 100 IPM I got way beyond that from my machine. At one point it was at 200 IPM. I slowed it way down because at that speed I could not get to the red button fast enough if something went wrong.

I did not know Tormach would only sell to Tormach owners. I thought that only applied to path pilot.