Hello all!

I've got a problem I can't quite figure out.

I have some custom ladder software (that I wrote) on my Fuji ANW-30 lathes. It does broken insert detection. (Not chipped or worn, just broken.) It works pretty well, but there's something I want to add to it.

Right now, I compare the cutting current value (or whatever it is) with a threshold I have in one of the data groups. However, I have some parts that have differently-sized grooves, and thus I find I have different thresholds that I technically need to accommodate. (I realize it should all just be the same for a broken cutter, i.e. cutting in air, but the cuts are at different RPM so it's not quite as universal as it sounds...)

So, what I'd like to do is find a way to write different threshold values into the data group, since that's where my comparison routine gets the numbers to do the judgement. I use the WINDR function to read in data from the monitoring system, and then see if it's greater than the threshold, but I can only use the one threshold value.

Is there a way to write different threshold values from the NC into the data blocks? Is there a way to, say, use a system variable to directly change the value of a data group address? Is there a function that could use a different, non-data block address for comparison?

Basically, I need a way to dynamically change the value in a data block. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!