586,055 active members*
4,311 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Circle pocket, via adaptive clearing, cutting off center

Threaded View

Circle pocket, via adaptive clearing, cutting off center

Hello,

Bit of a strange issue here and looking for advice on how to troubleshoot. I am using a custom built CNC and have not run into issue with cutting 2d contours of circles or any other shapes for that matter. I have done testing on a 1" circle cutting on the outside then on the inside and comparing spacing and it was very accurate. My issue here, pictures attached is when I mill out a circular pocket it seems to throw it off center. From there, it seems to throw off the contour cut of the circle creating a slant on the contour cut as you can see. However, it throws off the contour of only the two circles that have pockets in them. The third solid circle is a perfect circle shape with no issues I have tried two different cam programs to generate GCODE and the same thing happens so I am reluctant that it is the CNC machine and or the MACH3 software interpreting the GCODE. I have attached the GCODE as well. Anyone with any suggestions or help it is appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC Circles.jpg   CNC Circles2.jpg   CNC Circles3.jpg   CNC.jpg  

Attached Files Attached Files