586,116 active members*
3,313 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Those with RF 31's (bubba) got a ? for ya

Those with RF 31's (bubba) got a ? for ya

How do you get the stabilized and keep it from walking on the 360* axis?

Can you just get the column nuts super tight or what?

Usually, the only time I have that problem is when I forget to tighten the nuts?
    However I have read the problem can be with the crappy nuts and bolts supplied. Some have replaced them with good bolts and nuts with clean threads, others put a little anti-seize compound on the threads.

When I took mine out to check them shortly after I got my machine, the threads on the holding bolts were rough and as a result, tightening them up was kinda rough. My solution was the anti seize and haven't had a problem since.
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Usually, the only time I have that problem is when I forget to tighten the nuts?
    However I have read the problem can be with the crappy nuts and bolts supplied. Some have replaced them with good bolts and nuts with clean threads, others put a little anti-seize compound on the threads.

When I took mine out to check them shortly after I got my machine, the threads on the holding bolts were rough and as a result, tightening them up was kinda rough. My solution was the anti seize and haven't had a problem since.
    I have not had a real problem with using it manually (several times now), and that is what I kinda figured just tighten/replace those bolts.

I have actually used it so much making the conversion parts the past 2-3 days I have a sore back because the mill is still sitting on the wood pallet it came on so I do all my milling while sitting on a cinder block. LOL...

Project one:
    Make a stand to put it on! I can only imagine how you feel and I know how the ole back feels and my machine is on a stand. Just make it solid and level.

Hang in there, it will get better:})
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Project one:
    Make a stand to put it on! I can only imagine how you feel and I know how the ole back feels and my machine is on a stand. Just make it solid and level.

Hang in there, it will get better:})
    Oh, I have a stand for it...
    Made out of 2X2 1/8" wall... sits about 30" off the ground. I even added 1/8" L channel on the perimeter for the base of the machine to hold it securely.
    However willing a 7XX Lb machine that high is another story...

Actually just waiting to get a nice HD tow strap and tie it to my 2 ton engine lift and lift away with the head as low as it will go.
    The only thing holding me up is me being me, and wanting to add a final layer of welded metal to the foot base, 2X4 1/8" wall as a very solid base instead of feet like it has now.

Though it will HAVE to be done early next week as that is when my new machine will be getting here... 4X6 band saw....
    All these toys and such a small garage...